What G1 year deserves a movie?

Of all the years not to get a movie in G1 ( 01, 02, 03 {Bohrok Kal} 06, 07, 08, 10) which most deserves one. Personally I think either 06 or 08 would be great with integral plots and returnig characters with the inika in 06 and the nuva in both 08 could possibly tie into the Legend Reborn too with the mask of Life being shot off

5 Likes

Well, as I refuse to acknowledge the four released things as movies… all of them is the best answer.

Actually, a series would probably be better. The first season should start in Metru Nui to avoid major flashbacks later, and ending around the same point “Time Trap” did. The second one on the Island of Mata Nui, third and forth up till the point of the Mask of Life getting thrown out into space and the final one on Bara Magna.

I’d really like to see PETAs reaction to the '01 attack on rahi :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I can see the headline now. “Lego Movie Encourages Hitting Masks off Animals Faces with Giant Flame Swords”

8 Likes

I don’t think any year from G1 should be made into the year. The movies are pretty bad, and don’t express each story very well. If I had to choose one for a miniseries, however, I would choose 2006. If each episode was 30-60 minutes long, and they made 4-8 episodes, I would love that!

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty much the size of it… but there could be worse…

“Lego movie considered “Violent Medium”. Bionicle: The Series increases school bombing, proven. Future release canceled”

2 Likes

I’d rather see a miniseries for each year. HBO/Showtime style, with about 12 episodes per season, but hour long episodes. Tv-14 for later years, but always keeping the mature tone throughout all the years. Think Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Insanley amazing show.(The show went to hell after Andy Whitfield sadly passed away.) Anyways, that show fleshed out characters like you wouldn’t believe. It really saddens me how Lego never got close to the potential Bionicle had. Can you imagine a Reign of Shadows hour long episode? Toa driven to the edge, fighting for their lives on their home turf. Great. Or an episode focusing on The battle on Metru Nui with Toa sicing Bohrok on hordes of Rahkshi! Federation of Fear! The Kingdom and Dark Mirror could be done in one eposode, half Toa Empire half post apocalyptic harmony. The possibilities are endless.

5 Likes

'02

I’d enjoy seeing the Bohrok in a movie. They could even tie in the villagers story.

They technically were in Mask of Light:

8 Likes

Just a cameo appearance.

I WANT TO SEE THE SWARMS

7 Likes

I’d feel 06

but to be honest, I’d prefer a series

4 Likes

If if have to choose, '01 because of MNOG. That would be an awesome movie as you follow the tohunga.

I feel like 06 or 07 would be great for a movie.

08 it would been a beautiful movie

3 Likes

I need a trilogy.
2006, 2007, 2008.

9 Likes

Well, if Bionicle had a higher budget for movies at the time, I’d say 2007. Maybe also 2008. Those were the years that I think could have best been served by cinematic forms.

5 Likes

Ignition was a really fast paced, exciting, dramatic part of Bionicle. I think a show series or movie trilogy could’ve done it justice.

2 Likes

i think they should make a trilogy 06-07-08 in my opinion, they were the best and i rekon they would make awesome movies. if not all three then 06 would be the best

06 definitely, but an 07 movie might be a little out there for bionicle movies

2 Likes

06-07-08. It would be nice to have PG Bionicle movies.

2 Likes

just 2007-8 would be amazing or even only 2007 in the depths. for me that year is magical