What Is A Self-MOC To You?

A Self-MOC could literally mean whatever you want it to mean. You can make it giant, buff, strong, and all of that jazz, showing off your abilities as a Moccist. You could also try to base it off of you and your appearance. I chose the Latter, making my MOC thin and bear an Akaku to show off my terribad eyesight.

In the end, it’s all up to personal preference.

4 Likes

For me a self-MOC is like a character representing myself (similar personnality,etc.) and who has an appearance i like enough to be considered my self-MOC.

2 Likes

To me, a selfMOC is the manifestation of myself in another storyline. He has to experience events similar to those I’ve experienced (embellished to fit the universe), and interact with other people the way I would. Should behave as I behave (or think I would behave), speak like I speak, and look the way I would look (which is why I don’t like the most recent version of my own selfMOC, not because it’s a bad MOC but because it’s just not me.)

I also like to reference myself in some small bits on the MOC, and include a few of those elements to make that MOC unique, and seem like it’s an actual person, not a character.

1 Like

My Self-Moc Mocs in the Bionicle world, specifically building and crafting armor, weapons, and mini-drones and robots

As I value creation and customization, I relate well to my Self-Moc. But my Self-Moc is not me. I want him to have a life of its own, be its own character, yet still have some sort of spiritual connection to me…

3 Likes

Reflection. Surprise. Terror. For the future.

1 Like

A self-MOC is a character you make, that allows you to insert yourself into a story.

2 Likes

I like all the philosophy we’re getting here. I kinda agree with the whole “Spiritual connection, but not exactly me.”

2 Likes

To me, my Self-MOC is who I could’ve been, under different circumstances.

1 Like

To me, a self-MOC is a way to put yourself into the world of Bionicle, meet the characters you like and battle the ones you created or simply don’t. A self-MOC is a representation of the builder, only made of Lego parts. They can build themselves however they’d like, and put in ideas of things they are or want to be. A self-MOC is a creation that falls apart in the bin after two days and you have to find all of the limbs and put it back together. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I really dislike when people make their Self-MOCs ridiculously overpowered and stuff, a Self-MOC shouldn’t be like that. A Self-MOC to me is something that represents the creator’s interests, like @RaptorTalon being inspired by Optimus Prime, or me adding my love of Dinosaurs into my MOC, or something that represents the personality and characteristics of the creator, like @Plural’s Self-MOC being a sort of weird skinny dude. A Self-MOC should be something the creator likes, if the creator doesn’t like his Self-MOC, but has to keep it the way it is because of its story, or because other people don’t like his ideas, then that isn’t a sucsessful Self-MOC.

5 Likes

clapping

You speak my mind.

3 Likes

Yes 10/10
100% agree

2 Likes

I can concur with this. I might be a loving, old fellow, but that kid is just weird.

2 Likes

To me, a self-MOC is the MOC you wasted all your pieces and techniques on because it’s supposed to represent you. So you want it to be cool.

2 Likes

What is a Self-MOC to me…? Hmm, good question.

To me, my Self-MOC, Kolk, is a lot. To me, Kolk represents who I want to be, who I aspire to be. He is the freedom, the fun, the passion, the overall type of person I aspire to be… for the most part :stuck_out_tongue:
Kolk to me represents also a certain goal I wish to reach. Not just with myself, but with my MOCing. He, in a sense, sets the bar for what I want to be “standard” in terms of design, skill, and overall durability. Every time I update him, I essentially reset the bar, and raise the stakes, striving for more success and nothing else. So he’s also sort of like a personal challenge I make for myself.
Lastly, Kolk was/is the beginning of a new era for me. Ever since early 2015, when I made Kolk, and made him my 4th Self-MOC, I set it out to make this year a much more different year. Instead of sticking to the humanoid shtick, I went away from it a bit. Building things like bugs, or even a flower, or an Ant-Centaur :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This is a “era” where I try even harder to reach my own standards in building, and not just dream of reaching my own standards for myself.

SO YEAH

That’s what a Self-MOC is to me. At least, that’s what my Self-MOC is to me :smile:

2 Likes

Does that mean I strangely like giraffes? Prolly…

3 Likes

To me, a self moc is a materialization of the digital version of yourself. You can be whoever you want online. For bionicle fans, it’s a way to give that a physical form.

1 Like

A self-MOC is a physical representation of one’s personality. I tend to tailor my characters to what real life personalities show off. For example, I am small and somewhat shy, but I’ve come out of my shell over the past year. To show this change, I started adding dark azure to my self-MOC in place of its bland and uninteresting silver that had previously dominated as the main color in the color scheme.
My self-MOC stands shorter than other characters I’ve created, but now stands out from the crowd a bit more. Now my self-MOC isn’t entirely overshadowed by the giant Toa of Fire, and looks like he’s ready to hold his own against anyone who challenges him. He does, however, know when to keep out of a situation and how to defend himself in confrontations.

1 Like

I have yet to make a self-MOC. If I did, it would be a basic build, not something super complex like what everyone else does. My self doesn’t need to be perfect, because I’m not perfect.

My self-MO would be brown and blue.

2 Likes

It’s funny this topic exists, as I actually have a whole thing I’ve written out about Oculus.

“Who is OculusNuva to me? Sure, he’s my Self-MOC, but what does he represent?
What is it that I’m trying to capture? A certain personality? Or maybe a better body?
To me, Oculus encapsulates the overcoming of weakness. The striving through the night until the sun reveals a brighter day.
Oculus is the image of everything I want to be; a big, strong, heroic person that has a caring personality. Sure he can get into trouble or make spontaneous decisions, but he’s just another person, he can’t be perfect.
He has a functional and acceptably fit body, and with his mask of power he can stretch the limitations of his regular strength.
Oculus will always be a part of me. I’ve spent much time to understand and relate with him to the point of where he’s an extension of my personality. If you are to say the word “oculus”, I will always turn my head to see who called me. That Gold Pakari will always be part of me, it hides back behind my mask of skin, someplace much deeper.”

5 Likes