What Is The Rarest BIONICLE Mask You Own?

I have the silver Ignika and the glittery Avhokii. Not sure which is rarer, but i don’t have the sets they come with so…

2 Likes

These three masks cost me the most and are my “rares”
Imgur

5 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

That’s, uh… quite the expensive set of purchases you’ve made. I assume you’ve got a substantial collection as well?

6 Likes

Where did a gold Kraakhan even appear?

2 Likes

It was included in some copies of Tower of Toa as lego transitioned from flat dark gold to pearl gold

8758-1

5 Likes

yellow

7 Likes

hey wait a sec I have a black huna

does this mean I’m a secret billionaire or something

3 Likes

no

the black Huna was included with Kane-Ra, the only reason this one was so expensive is because it’s a mismold missing the top of the mask

5 Likes

so what you’re saying is if I take a pair of scissors to the thing I don’t have to work for the next month?

10 Likes

Sigh if only life was that simple… :pensive:

7 Likes

There are rarer masks that are mine, right now the Brown Komau sells for $1300 and the Copper Komau sells for $300+.

4 Likes

Some info’s on Mismolds

From Bzpower

One-of-a-kind mismoulds - $??

Also known as short shots; created when not enough plastic flows into a mould. These are supposed to be found and discarded during the quality control process, but occasionally one slips through.

@Monopoly I love the yellow Kaukau. I have only seen them for sale on eBay from Japan.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

5 Likes

I want to acquire some rare/misprint/mismold masks. Where would I be likely to find some of the more common ones for cheap?

3 Likes

San Diego Comic-Con Skull Scorpio mask. Also @DuneToa I’m trying to fine Misprint mask / parts too. It’s not easy and a lot of people keep them once they find them.

3 Likes

That’s a custom mask, not a misprint

5 Likes

Which one? The Comic-Con parts are made by LEGO, but I also can’t tell which one in the picture you’re referring to.

3 Likes

Droconis deleted the post, it was an eBay listing

4 Likes

The trans neon green skull Scorpio mask

3 Likes

One of the most high-priced mis-molds, I have seen is the copper huna on eBay for $4000. A lot of mis- mods are hard to find. People who worked at Lego might have saved masks that failed to pass from recycling, that’s where my mis-mold came from.

4 Likes

Back then I got it for $30.00. I also have a copper huna

3 Likes