What would you want in a Hero Factory Reboot?

I think a reboot should stick more to Lego’s original thing about not being a hero by just having something or such. I talked about this idea in the Discord chat a little bit, it could be that Hero Factory thinks that they literally build heroes and their the best, but there’s something going on that they can’t see because of their blindness thinking they can just create special snowflakes. Furno (the youngest hero) fails several missions and they think he’s broken (which he should be because being broken isn’t always bad). Furno begins to realize that you can’t be built a hero and it’s what you do that depends on it. He also realizes that Hero Factory isn’t actually stopping the true villains that are hidden away in a much deeper plot. He ends up getting Breeze and Surge involved with this and the storyline is about Furno trying to prove what really makes a hero and getting the Factory to realize this and what I’ll refer to as the deeper villain plot. I guess the factory itself could be sort of corrupt, it could go about that they used to have those morals but they forgot about them and lost their modesty. It really should’ve done that in the first place instead of making Furno try to suck up to some loser drill sergeant.

3 Likes

I posted this I the discord by here it is again.
“I could easily see Hero Factory taking a similar route to some of the Jedi plotlines in The Clone Wars. The 4 that come to mind the most would be the movie, the Trandoshan Hunters, Obi-Wan undercover, and the Jedi temple bombing.”
Basically take inspiration from what Clone Wars did with it’s (good) plotlines. Have recurring characters but also have recurring opponents. Have a general overarching plotline but also have several subplots that occur. Maybe even have two independent years take place during the same time period but from different perspectives.
Death isn’t a must, but it would add to the gravity of certain situations.
Hell, maybe even have an entire year focus on the heroes being utterly defeated and the next year have them scavenging about and eventually recapturing the Factory.
Have Furno play a similar role as Ahsoka. He’s a newbie, gradually grows throughout the story, and eventually is framed by another corrupt hero for a crime. He’s hunted, has to team up with a former villain, and eventually clears his name but in doing so loses faith in the Factory and leaves.
Basically just dedicate time and effort to plotlines and characters. We’ve seen how sets have been improved with Bionicle 2016. Just have a team for story. Make a gamble. Don’t waste everybody’s time like with the poorly written story that was.

1 Like

Better sets, and the deeper and darker story we were supposed to get. I liked hero factory, but I felt there is a lot that could be improved on. Make it partly basic LEGO bricks so it’ll appeal to kids more easily and not be unfimiliar.

1 Like

I had an idea for a 3 year plan, but we all know what happens with another particular line. I think they should redo IFB entirely. With the creativity Lego gained throughout Bionicle G2, the sets could be heavily improved. The story was terrible and had poor connections to the previous episodes. They could take a calmer approach to it and tie in lose ends.

1 Like

What Discord chat?

can i get invited

3 Likes

The TTV discord chat, I think it’s dead now or something. I forgot where to find the invite link though

1 Like

I would want HF to return as a continuation, with a much darker storyline than the original, something like the Hero Factory is no longer trusted and the Heroes are being reused, or scrapped.
A story of redemption for the Hero Factory (With New Characters!)

2 Likes

Stud shooters but 1x1x3(?) cylinder bricks used instead of studs… bigger, easier-to-recover ‘bullets’ :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe a little more focus on secondary characters? Or more fan-created creations accepted into HF lore? I know I just want to see more of the creative builder aspect implemented. Like weapons that can be swapped and mounted on different pieces of cladding but interchangeable between characters or… something.

There is a comic series on Deviantart created by a cool user, Kalhiki, sort of a retelling/continuation of the story, darker by far and in my opinion way more fun. It’s more the speed I’d want a reboot to be at. Go check out “Dawn of Evil”, it’s good.

Also, want to see maybe a new team. Keep Furno, Breez, etc. appearing every so often, but put the focus on others and explore/expand the universe.

There’s a lot I’d wanna see, heh.

2 Likes

I want Jetbug back

3 Likes

Dude, same.

Jetbug was lit.

1 Like

What I would love to see is for HF to go back to the action figures. So they would dump the mechs they started and continue the story they started up in breakout (stealing hero factory’s plans to build a Vilain factory). By now this villain factory is done and the hero factory is destroyed/taken over leaving the hero’s scattered around the universe without the ability to build their mechs. They would have to go back to simple weapons like swords and bow and arrow. Maybe Zib escaped as wel leaving them with some technological upgrades. Just 1 last season where we see all heroes.

2 Likes

I’d agree with the idea of ditching the mechs for the return of the standard buildable figures, but I wouldn’t pick the story where it was left off.

I’d rather see a hard reboot of HF, which carries on some of the better elements of the original line but takes them to new and bold territories.
For example, the whole Mr. Makuro being secretly evil/corrupt twist could be reused and utilized in the plot, but with some changes.
(OFC, without making him a Makuta or Turaga…)

1 Like

Perhaps they could have done a mix of sets; some standard CCBS builds, some minifig-scale mechs, and maybe even some minifig-scale System sets.

It could be particularly cool to get sets of some buildings, up to and including Hero Factory itself.

1 Like

Or, hear me out, we abandon the Bionicle connection and reboot HF as an Exo-Force sequel. Mechs everywhere and the Heroes are robots that finally stay good and the villains are glitched robots corrupted by the Meca One virus. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The one big thing I would want to see in a Hero Factory reboot would be a completed story. The original run ended with Von Nebula and that unknown villain still on the run while it is unclear what happened to those underground beasts. It would be amazing if they could continue on that storyline and find a way to bring everything to a close before discontinuing the theme.

On another note, it would also be cool if they used the rumored themes: Rampant Oceans, Empire of Frost, Outlaws, Anti-Hero Factory. Hopefully, everyone gets what I mean.

2 Likes