What Year did You Become a Fan?

AKA why 2015 toa are best toa :stuck_out_tongue:

but yeah, if I had to choose, think I might go with function

oh yeah, and I became a fan in 04

2 Likes

I got my first sets in 2008. It was Solek and Mistika Tahu. I first got into the story in 2009, though.

1 Like

I was first introduced to Bionicle with my first set, Rahaga Kualus. But while I never got any other sets till 2007, I can still remember looking at Bionicles in stores and the Lego Magazine. Good times indeed.
Only I didn’t become a Serious serious fan until Hero factory was almost over. Then my characters got names, a storyline, and my building progressed beyond the typical noob inika builds.

3 Likes

i was first introduced to them in 2004 but i didnt pay much attenion

i really only got into bionicle around 2006-2007

1 Like

My dad got me some of the 2001 sets when I was a kid but I really didn’t like them that much. I got into Bionicle in 2004 and loved it ever since.

1 Like

I got into Bionicle in 2002 with the Bohrok.

2 Likes

Basically ever since I was born I don’t remember a time that I don’t know bionicle… But I the first set I still kinda remember getting was Levhak from 2002 or atleast I think that is how you spell it

1 Like

i got my first set in 2009. i missed out on a lot. :’(

3 Likes

Hey, I got mine in 2015, so no hard feelings.

2 Likes

It was in 2005 when I got the Visorak Battle Ram for Christmas. I really liked that set so I decided I’d get a bit more into Bionicle. Soon enough I bought Vakama Hordika and watched the three movies and before I knew it I was riding the wave. And even though I hadn’t realized it, I had previously owned a Vahki Rorzahk, albeit a knockoff.
And here I am in 2015 (10 year anniversary this Christmas, yay) still as passionate as ever, piling up on sets, new and old.

1 Like

Discovered Bionicle back in 2004 when I got my first set: Toa Vakama. However I only really began to get into Bionicle in 2006 when I got the Bionicle Heroes game.

My first set was Matoro Inika but 07 was the year I really started collecting

My first set was Toa Hordika Vakama. I’ve been a fan since then. :slight_smile: Although I can’t say that I’ve “been around since the start of BIONICLE,” I can say that I’ve been around since the beginning of BIONICLE gen 2. :wink: :smiley:

I got into it during 06, with my first set being Kongu Inika. I feel in love ith the line at that moment.

1 Like

2005 . That’s when I got my first set. In 2007 I got interested in the story.

I got Vahki Nurrakh at Five Below when I was four I believe. At that age, I was mostly interested in Toy cars so I knew Jack-Squat about Bionicle, but I at least knew what It was having seen commercials. I later got Visorak Vohtarak and Boggorak for Christmas in '05, but I still knew nothing about it.

Unfortunately I started REALLY late, but at the end of '08 or early '09, My mom’s friend’s daughter needed help in creating a diorama for a project, and she needed alot of my model cars in the process. Afterwards, she got me a LEGO racers set as a gift. I was always curious about LEGO, because I had become a fan of Star Wars in 2008 and I wanted one of the sets, and all of my friends were into LEGO. So I eventually got hooked to LEGO after visiting their website, watching videos on Youtube, and subscribing to LEGO Club Magazine. It was the May-June 2009 issue and Glatorian Legends Mata-Nui was on the first page. My birthday was coming up and my Mom suggested I made a list. Naturally I put down all LEGO sets, and for some reason, Mata-Nui. Why I don’t know, I just did.

Then one day, while on the LEGO website, I checked out the BIONICLE site just to see what it was like. After seeing the Movie clips, looking at the sets and characters, listening to the music, and reading the comics, I WAS HOOKED. I eventually decided I wanted Mata-Nui more than the other gifts I has asked for. My Birthday passed and I got three sets, none of which were BIONICLE. A few hours later my aunt called to wish me Happy Birthday and asked me if I wanted anything. And I asked for Mata-Nui. I got him a week later. Then I got two Agori. Then I got the movie.

Then I realized I was a BIONICLE fan.

TL;DR- I saw Mata-Nui in the LEGO Club Mag I got and became a fan afterwards.

1 Like

My mum got me Tahu Nuva on a whim. Liked him. Ended up getting a few more that Christmas or something. Rented MoL on VHS for a library and fell in love.

1. First set was Strakk.

I got my first set in 2008, got alot of sets in 2009, got into Hero Factory in 2010, then I got into the story in 2011.

got into bionicle around the end of 2005 . . a bit too late to get any of the hordika sets , but i got nearly all of the toa inika which is awesome . i have been collecting ever since and i have been slowly getting the sets from 2001-04 that i missed out on and i never got into hero factory . . i didnt like it at all