What's the best way to read through the entire Bionicle story?

There are currently 3 main methods of reading the Bionicle G1 story. Biological Chronicle on Cross-Wired Geeks, Wall of History, and the original books read in the Ultimate Reading Order from BZPower. Which, in your opinion, is the most effective way to read? Or is there another way you’ve found more effective that you’d care to explain in a reply?

• Biological Chronicle
  • The Ultimate Storyline Reading Order
  • Wall of History
  • Other? (explain below)

0 voters

1 Like

the real best way is the ghid audiobook series coming soon

3 Likes

Sounds great! What about right now though?

Effective in what way?

Biological Chronicle is a pretty comprehensive way of covering everything in one go, if that’s what you’re aiming for.

If you don’t want to get overwhelmed in detail, I would recommend going through the books/movies first, then go back to the other mediums.

1 Like

I learnt everything from just going around BS01 for a while. I’ve never actually read any media except the serials.

I like to absorb the knowledge slowly, watching a movie on day, read a comic another day, play a game once in a while. most of what I know I learnt from going around these message boards from random topics and replies or by doing some research to make my MOCs fit in the canon.

2 Likes

be patient you child

it took ten years for mata nui to die now go sit in the corner and watch your ipad or whatever you kids do these days

4 Likes

No need to be harsh. I’m not a child, I’m just eager to get started.

2 Likes

Slowly buy the books and comics second hand is what I do then add a sprinkling of BS01 on top :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, all the books are already available online. They’re even in text format on Wall of History in their original unedited form.

1 Like

Randomly mucking around on bs01 is the way to go.

3 Likes

I knew only about Wall of History… For the best way is to read it on the WoH, but, whenever new character appears, read about him on BS01, just to know a little backstory. I would be the full story, plus knowing all the characters more or less.

I would say reading the Biological Chronicle version with the reading order of the BS01 updated timeline, which tries its best to sort the things out at the most logical and chronological order.

Read the Biological Chronicle books (text-only versions) one at a time. If you are enjoying the story and want to explore more content from that year, then you can find the comic scans on Biomedia Project, or you can watch Toatapio Nuva’s motion comics on YouTube as a supplement.

have @rainsong explain it to you

2 Likes