What's your favourite Bionicle movie?

Vote here! [details=Summary]This text will be hidden[/details][poll max=20]

• Bionicle: Mask of Light
  • Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui
  • Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows
  • Bionicle: The Legend Reborn
    [/poll]
18 Likes

I’m calling ballot counting fraud, i clicked on Web of Shadows (mostly because i’m super nostalgic for the '05 stuff as that was the first bionicle stuff i got and sidorak is great) and it says no one has voted for it

2 Likes

I just voted, so we can…uhh…be friends or something, I dunno.

1 Like

This was actually a hard pick for me, because I liked all of the Bionicle movies. Except The Legend Reborn, that was bad imo But I’d have to say that my favorite is LoMN.

1 Like

I used to like TLR, but that was when I was, what, 10? Now I can’t see past its glaring flaws. As far as which one I like most, Lhikan’s death scene has probably come closer to making me cry than anything else, if only for that hecking music.

3 Likes

You know, i went back to the wiki page for Web of Shadows to find some info about it and apparently the voice actor for Nuju/Iruini also voiced pohatu in the first movie (and rocket raccoon in Guardians of The Galaxy)

5 Likes

Can someone explain to me what people actually like about LoMN? I’m genuinely curious at this point, because I watched it twice (years ago) and always thought it was by far the worst one. But it’s not just winning, it’s decisively winning. What gives?

2 Likes

The other movies all have glaring flaws, which culminate in high levels of cringe, whereas lomn is the least cringy, it’s still only a 6-7/10 but it’s held up the best, to the point you could watch it with friends as a decent movie.

9 Likes

I’ve seen all four, but the movies themselves aren’t anything to write home about. That being said, I appreciate them for being some of the first LEGO movies, which is quite a feat for LEGO.

My favorite is probably Legends, because MOL and TLR are kind of silly (don’t get me wrong Legends is too, but not to the same extent IMO), and I don’t remember much of WOS.

3 Likes

I actually watched the original trilogy very recently, for the the first time in english in fact. Seeing them now gave me some new perspective on their production value. Out of the three I actually like Web of Shadows the most, as it seemed the best directed and didn’t really screw around with the plot.

2 Likes

I have to say Mask of Light because it makes me feel like I am a little boy again. The nostalgia is strong with that one.

1 Like

I like LoMN the most, however I haven’t watched the movies in a while. My reasoning is that LoMN actually focuses on the toa, rather two matoran. I like how they become toa, rather than just being already established toa (Before 2015 I always taught that Bionicle started in 2003).

I also have one nitpick with MoL, when Takua turns into Takanuva, he calls the toa brothers and sister. I always taught the toa called each other that, because they had so many adventures, they had become family through their experiences. Then Takanuva calls them that after having only putting on a mask (atleast in the movie). This minor thing has bugged me for the past two years and is the thing I remember most of the movie.

1 Like

In my opinion the original movies and TLR are good and bad for opposite reasons.

The originals captured a lot of the Bionicle feel and were better written than TLR (not the greatest writing but better than TLR)

TLR however is how I would want a bionicle movie to “look”.

3 Likes

For me, it was less that I specifically liked LoMN, and more that it’s less awful than the others.

I was tempted to vote for The Legend Reborn, as I really like the animation and the atmosphere of the whole movie, but everything else (from the characters to the action) is all garbage. I remember trying to rewatch it after a few years of not watching it at all, and I couldn’t make it through the whole way.
When it comes to visuals and atmosphere, I would choose TLR, but in any other aspect, I must force myself to choose LoMN.

1 Like

Been a while since I’ve watched them, but I’d definitely go with Legends of Metru Nui for the best. It’s still got a lot of problems but it definitely is the strongest of all the films in my opinion, and I do appreciate the way they did, they got the tone mostly right and the world definitely felt like Bionicle. Mask of Light had some of this stuff right but it had a lot more cringeworthy stuff that bring it down. The Legend Reborn definitely had the best animation and I wish the plot was a bit stronger, though I feel that Mata Nui’s voice actor was spot on and one of the only memorable voice actors for most of these movies. Web of Shadows is the worst looking back on it, Vakama turning bad seems very contrived and stupid, if I can say anything positive I guess Roodaka was a memorable villain. Also did anyone notice that 2005 was the same year Revenge of the Sith came out, because looking back the similarity to Anakin turning evil seems very obvious.

4 Likes

I enjoy all the Bionicle movies, despite their flaws, but I’d say Legends of Metru Nui is my favorite. '04 is one of my favorite years, anyway.

1 Like

web of shadows is the best one imo

1 Like

For me, the first Bionicle movie is the best!

1 Like

Legends of Metru Nui for me. Great writing, great music, great characters, I’d say my only problem is the title. Who calls the prequel the sequel when it’s actually the prequel sequel?

4 Likes

BIONICLE 2 because it didn’t have a dumb villain named Tuma gloating about how mighty he was.

5 Likes