When you're down

Going off what @ENDfilms said, some things I do to cheer myself up I can’t talk about here. That being said, I think the best general thing to is just to do something–anything–productive. That can be building with Legos, reading, working out, drawing, or anything that forces you to focus on achieving something. Then, once you’ve accomplished whatever you set out to do, you automatically feel better! At least that’s how it works for me. Other thing, like talking to friends or listening to music, can help in the short term, but their positive effects tend to wear off fairly quickly for me.

In general, I was kind of mopey in my mid-teens, mostly due to romantic angst and not having close friends. After a while, I did make a friend, and we started working out together. I think that put me on the path to being more positive and self-sufficient. After that, falling out with some people (including the aforementioned friend) made me extra-depressed for a few months, but I eventually realized I was better off without them, and that I shouldn’t let my happiness depend on other people too much. I think that also helped a lot in the long run. Nowadays, I’m pretty stoic (unless I’m late with homework. :stuck_out_tongue:)

4 Likes

This is easily the most depressing topic on the forums.

14 Likes

i eat and play videogames

4 Likes

Oh yeah, another thing I do when I’m sad is watch YouTube videos. And literally nothing else. Nothing.

6 Likes

So… how do videogames taste? :wink:

To feel beter I just try to detach my mind away from the problem, unless I can actually do something about it.

5 Likes

I listen to this and organize something.

I don’t really get down very ofte, but I do get very frustrated. Usually when that happens, I go for a walk, build with legos, or try to draw something. I mean, drawing stuff usually increases my frustration tenfold, (after a certain point I usually start literally yelling at the paper) but at least it’s an outlet.

4 Likes

the poor paper

3 Likes

I know. I can be so cruel… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

since I know everyone here by their profile picture, I’m just imagining Roodaka yelling at a piece of paper

4 Likes

Thank you for that mental image. XD

There we go - When one is feeling down, they need only imagine Roodaka yelling futilely at a piece of paper. I just can’t stop laughing; I may wake everyone else up…

6 Likes

The more I think about it, the funnier it gets! xD

3 Likes

To be honest what I do and what I should do are quite different. What I tend to do when I’m down is retreat into YouTube, MoCing, Message Boards for some podcast, etc. I just shrink away from everyone and everything and that simply pushes me deeper and deeper into unhappiness. I’ve found that when I’m down it tends to be my own fault or my perception of a situation. Blaming myself tends to follow this realization and then I retreat back to the previously mentioned things because I beat myself up (I’mma bully to me :frowning: )

However, to pull myself up I must first let go of the crutch of YouTube and such. I need to DO something, something productive. Clean the house, do yard work, go for a run or some other excersize with a friend, do some studying that isn’t research on Bioncle lore, talk to someone I trust about the issue. Doing things that benifit myself and others in a practical way builds up my low self esteem and when I’ve done that I can readjust how I view a scenario without beating myself up for having viewed it incorrectly in the first place. And maybe it isn’t that I’m viewing it the wrong way, but it’s easier to forgive and forget when you have a clear head, and cluttering my head with the “unrealities” of the internet and fiction doesn’t help with that at all.

Anyway, that’s my wall of text I typed as I thought. It may or may not make a bit of sense, but I think it’s accurate for me. Also, Roodaka yelling at a piece of paper helps too. Laughter is called the best medicine for a reason :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I find that this video helps.

5 Likes

[quote=“Artakha, post:73, topic:4060”]To be honest what I do and what I should do are quite different. What I tend to do when I’m down is retreat into YouTube, MoCing, Message Boards for some podcast, etc. I just shrink away from everyone and everything and that simply pushes me deeper and deeper into unhappiness. I’ve found that when I’m down it tends to be my own fault or my perception of a situation. Blaming myself tends to follow this realization and then I retreat back to the previously mentioned things because I beat myself up (I’mma bully to me :frowning: )
However, to pull myself up I must first let go of the crutch of YouTube and such. I need to DO something, something productive. Clean the house, do yard work, go for a run or some other excersize with a friend, do some studying that isn’t research on Bioncle lore, talk to someone I trust about the issue. Doing things that benifit myself and others in a practical way builds up my low self esteem and when I’ve done that I can readjust how I view a scenario without beating myself up for having viewed it incorrectly in the first place. And maybe it isn’t that I’m viewing it the wrong way, but it’s easier to forgive and forget when you have a clear head, and cluttering my head with the “unrealities” of the internet and fiction doesn’t help with that at all.
[/quote]

o.o Are you me? /half-s

3 Likes

When I’m down I like to listen to certain songs to help lift my doubts ^^

Here’s one I listen to :wink:

4 Likes

I listen to this, and play some MH4U.

(MH4U = Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate)

I would listen to some of Persona 5’s Fan OST or watch videos.

How do you distract yourself when it gets insanely bad? :confused:

2 Likes

When you feel down and out
Sing a song (it’ll make your day) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes