When you're down

I can’t remember the last time I was “down”, in general I’m usually either stoic or excited,

but when I’ve gotten down in the past, I break down, cry for a bit, and recover with new found determination to over come what broke me,
which is either something big or something small but constant,

I was bullied seven years,
it takes a lot to break my resolve nowadays.

I guess I’m a bit like @BioRaiders532 in that respect.

4 Likes

I shove my negative feelings aside and be happy. But, eventually all that anger and sadness build up until I can’t contain it anymore. Then, it’s pretty much the Hulk. Such as yesterday when I spilled coffee on my keyboard.

1 Like

Play MNOG, walk in the park, or look at pictures and videos of puppies.

Whenever I’m really down I try to imagine how many people there would be at my funeral if I commited suicide. There’s never enough people. So I have to bring myself back up and try again.

17 Likes

I’ve done this so many times. Especially during that dark time of mine.

It only ever really made me feel worse, tho. :confused:

3 Likes

-Eat pasta
-Annoy people
-Watch anime
-Read
-Build bonkles
-Play MtG with myself
-Eat more pasta
-Sleep
-Pasta dreams
-Listen to: RHCP, Pearl Jam, the Police, Rush, and Daft Punk
-Play poke’mon
-Organize stuff
-Did I mention pasta?
-TF2
-Be on the forums

(Whew!)

5 Likes

OOC: I’m sorry, but I can’t help but read this as

-Rada rada
-Rada radara
-Ra darada
-Rahd
(etc.) XD

6 Likes

-Radda radda

Chowder!! <3
But, pasta is amazing.

1 Like

Pasta is Hetalia!

When I’m down, I usually play BattleBlock Theater. Stampers’ narration makes me laugh everytiem, and I can take out my anger on those @!#% cats.

4 Likes

my god kahi that’s kind of a dark way to think of it
more on topic I play a video game and listen to the roosterteeth podcast, makes me feel a lot better, listening to Gus or Miles’ or any of their stories

1 Like

We are of one mind…

1 Like

For the most part, I can do this. If it’s incredibly emotional and life changing it’s invalid, but smaller things are easy disable my emotions about that particular thing to avoid harming myself.

Apparently I’m also scary when I disable my emotions like that, at least according to my friend.

Guess that’s not true now =P

1 Like

It’s the honest way to think about it. For me, the only way to really judge the worthiness your life is to look at your legacy. Mine isn’t good enough for me to die yet. So I have to make it better for myself. Only then do I have my permission to die.

It’s more sociopathic than psychopathic, but it’s to be expected. I mean, humans are only designed to be able to “know” just about 200 people (see: the MonkeySphere). You can’t care about everything or everyone; that’s physically impossible. Detaching yourself from people you haven’t met or don’t care enough about is the only honest thing to do. The alternative is lying to yourself that you really cared about people you didn’t before something bad happened to them.

8 Likes

Ah, yeah. Sociopathic, always get those two mixed up for some reason =/

And for the most part, it’s not with people I didn’t know. A lot of really emotionally charged stuff has happened to me in the past six months. I left a lot of good friends behind, I had to deal with getting over some very difficult physical problems from my childhood, one of my friend’s grandparents (That I did know really well) died. That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

This is why I say I’d be really depressed if it weren’t for the message boards. I don’t let things out usually, and so it just weighs down on me and at one point it took me over.

This is also how I judge my life… it gets kinda lonely sometimes when I try and see who’d come to my funeral…

1 Like

Gets tough when there are people that you know but if you did die they’d never get the funeral memo

I can think of a couple people like that

1 Like

Or if they’d just not come. There’s several people like that.

If you think about it a legacy can be lost/fade away.

A thought I had- can anyone who only believes in an only material world believe to have any permanent reward for life? But I won’t mention anything further due to the guidelines.

4 Likes

I have done this before. It works against you, but it motivates you do make yourself better, at least for me.