Who is your favorite/least favorite villain in Bionicle?

My favorite villain: Vezon, because I could see him being extremely dangerous, especially if he got some AU tech.

Least favorite: Metus, because anyone could just beat him up. He’s not dangerous at all. He’s like a civilian bringing a walking stick as a weapon to beat up a group of warriors who have guns. He lacks a good, convincing motive, and basically is just there for the mystery.

1 Like

I’d like to see more of what Vezon will do in the future, even if it’s completely unrelated to the main storyline. Maybe there could be a standalone serial about Vezon returning the various Shadow Takanuva to their original dimensions once they’re cured.

He believed that the ragtag societies of Bara Magna were doomed to fall to the Skrall and/or Bone Hunters, and wanted to be on the winning side.

Metus may not be very physically imposing, but he didn’t need to be. Metus had his fingers in multiple pies in all the villages, and sold information to the enemies of the villages in order to save himself. He even tried to gain some kind of power amongst the Skrall and Bone Hunters, though it’s unlikely that Tuma would have actually let him keep this power.

2 Likes

The most unrealistic thing about Metus is that the Skrall didn’t kill him after he told them about the Baterra’s weakness. The Skrall wrre strong enough to overrun Atero, every Skrall warrior was able to defeat the opponent in the arena. Why would they think they could need a spy? Tuma and Stronius could have killed and buried him back when they met on their way back from the sisters.

2 Likes

I don’t think Metus actually told Tuma the secret to “defeating” the Baterra; he said he knew the secret, but I don’t believe he actually shared the information, using it as a bargaining chip to take control of the Skrall in the event of Tuma’s death.

3 Likes

Huh, I thought he told them. However, the sisters of the Skrall gave them a hint as big as a GSR.

“Our freedom,” answered Tuma. “And your pledge to destroy any baterra you encounter on
your journey.”
“The baterra pose no threat to us,” she countered. “We carry no weapons that they would
recognize as such. Why should we start a war with them?”

Isn’t Tuma supposed to be a clever one?

3 Likes

Personally Zaktan and Teridax. Both of them are way too deliciously evil, and Zaktan has some really awesome lines. He really showed his true colors when the Piraka fought the Toa Nuva on Voya Nui, and he’s all around such a well written character. Teridax is also a really interesting character, has some great quotes, and the fact that everything was his doing still kinda astounds me. Krika is also a fantastic villain because of the depth of his character and the moral conflict he seems to have in comparison to his brethren, who are all pretty much one-dimensional followers of Makuta (Gorast sticking out like a sore thumb).

3 Likes