Who was your first Toa Mata and do you remember the day you got it?

My first Toa Mata set was Pohatu. He was also my first ever BIONICLE set. I got him in the summer of 2001 just before I started 8th grade.

1 Like

I’m getting my first Toa Mata in 2015, or earlier. He’s made of CCBS.

3 Likes

My First was Lewa and My last was Kopaka.

The closest thing to a Mata I have is Tahu Stars :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I immediately built Fexore using those parts.

1 Like

I got all my Toa Mata about 2 years ago. I remember looking over ebay for months trying to find a good deal on any Toa Mata. Then one day I saw an auction for all the Toa Mata starting at $30.00, I spent three hours waiting there for just the right moment to place my bid, the tension rose the bids kept rising, in the end I came up on top, all together with shipping, got them for $43.00. The next week I spent eagerly awaiting them until they finally came.

2 Likes

I either got Tahu or Kopaka first. It was a gift from my parents. My memory of things that happened 13 years ago is a little fuzzy.

You think that’s a deal? Last week I won an ebay auction for $50.25. Check it out. It has all 6 Mata, all 6 mctoran, both Nui Rama, Kopaka Nuva and Levahk

www.ebay.com.au/itm/171559115535?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

1 Like

i got tahu, gali, and lewa together in a pack of 30 sets i had gotten off ebay

Mine is pretty anticlimactic–I was at Target (a department store if anyone doesn’t know) with my mom in mid-2002, I asked if I could have Kopaka, and she promptly agreed. I think that was the only time I didn’t have to beg for a set. XD

4 Likes

My first Toa Mata I think was Pohatu in 2002? Around that time, I bought all my Bionicles from this one charity shop that had an endless supply. I didn’t really have a grasp of what Bionicle was at that point, I just liked the figures. Eventually I got Onua, Gali and Tahu from the same place and didn’t get Lewa and Kopaka until much later on eBay.

1 Like

Your mother has good taste. :wink:

5 Likes

My first mata set I remember was Pohatu or Onua, but if we’re just saying which Toa we remember best, it was Pohatu Nuva.

I never got any of the toa mata sets because I didn’t get into Bionicle until 2003.

I bought a parts lot in the summer and I made Gali or Lewa (I don’t remember) and I was able to make all of them except Kopaka.

Wow, that may be the best deal I’ve seen for 01 sets. You’re lucky if you can get all the mctoran for the price.

I know :smiley:

Now just to find that blue noble huna that’s missing…

I have 3 Mata Lewas and 2 Mata Gali’s folks.

Those are my only complete in canisters, the rest are parts and near complete sets.

I love thrift shops.

I pretty much got the Tahu mata this year on the March.

Summer of 2001 my older cousin gave me Lewa, Gali, and Onua. I was 3 at the time, not even sure how I remember this. Skip ahead 13 years and those 3 are now joined by all sets 01-03. Sure has been a long time

1 Like