Who was your first Toa Mata and do you remember the day you got it?

Mine was Lewa. I think I got it from my sister.

Mine was Pohatu, and if I remember correctly I actually got that set either during 02 or 03.

Pohatu

Christmas 02, along with 3 bohrok.

To this day, I have no clue what happened to any of them, all I’ve found is Pohatu’s canister.

2 Likes

I got two Mata in 2002-ish, Lewa and Gali.
Then this last christmas I got the last 4 off of Bricklink.

Tahu, this Christmas :3

2 Likes

Mine had to be Mata Pohatu back in the early 2000’s as youngster. I also got Nuva Kopaka and dreamed of getting the fire bohrak for some reason. My brother had them all.

The earliest set I ever had was a Gahlok kal.

Now I feel compelled to get the '01 rahi (I’ll get the mata after)

1 Like

Got my first Mata figure back in 2004 when I got into Bionicle, after getting the Toa Metru from Target, along with The Legends of Metru Nui film, I went home, built my sets and went on ebay to find the earlier sets (was going to only buy one to see how I felt about those sets) and found a sealed Mata Pohatu. 5 days later, I come home from work and there it was.

1 Like

Yer old!

well, he is a turaga.

3 Likes

yep! haha

My first was Gali. I got her on @Toa_BionicleFactory 's birthday, when he got his first Toa Nuva.

Yes. Mine was Tahu Mata. I got him and to this day never get bored of playing with him.

I got Tahu and Gali and my brother got Kopaka and Lewa for Christmas the year they were first released. I have an old family video somewhere from that day of dopey 4 year old me in my pj’s holding Tahu and Kopaka’s canisters saying “The red Bionicle and the White Bionicle are friends!”

9 Likes

:slight_smile: It’s funny because it isn’t true.

8 Likes

Yup. By the end of G1 they finally get along decently, but their mask-butting is being revived in G2, along with Gali and Onua being peacemakers, except now Pohatu is tense and Lewa be like, “You mad, bro?”

2 Likes

I still don’t understand why Pohatu suddenly became the ‘edgy loner’.

4 Likes

Probably to prove that they’re not keeping every single character exactly the same.

2 Likes

But still, Kopaka already fulfilled that role >.>

4 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes