Who was your first Toa Mata and do you remember the day you got it?

Now both my favorite characters are loners… and no longer my favorites because my favorite part about them was their (Begrudgingly excepted in Kopaka’s case) Friedship!
Guess my favorites Lewa now…

5 Likes

I can sympathize with this, not so much that it alters which ones are my favorite though because this is entirely separate from G1

2 Likes

Me neither.

Mmm…sounds tasty.

7 Likes

Mine was Gali. My mom got her for me in 01, I think partly because blue was my favorite color. 5 year old me of course did not know any story details at the time and assumed she was male and a couple of my friends and I argued about it (I think they had access to the Lego magazine and I didn’t at the time) I then had to change my favorite color to red because Tahu. A few years later I changed my favorite color to green because Lewa. I’ve just stuck with that since. Plus Artakha is green :stuck_out_tongue: lol

2 Likes

Mine was Onua, but I only I got him because a friend of mine had duplicates, and was nice enough to give me a set. He later also gave me Pohatu. Never got the other four until years later when another friend of mine was moving away, and wanted to get rid of his Bionicle collection.

2 Likes

Toa Tahu Mata, August 1st 2001

Same here except all 6 of mine were sealed

I dont have any… :sleepy: cry evry tim

1 Like

Uh, I found a new Tahu Mata on eBay a few weeks ago for 5 bucks…

1 Like

My First toa mata (and Bionicle) was Lewa I was going into the first grade so I was about 7 years old. My mom had go to something to get school supplies and that was one of the things that came in the backpack. Later aka this past summer I bought all six Toa Mata and Turaga (plus extra masks) for about $40 on ebay.

My first Mata was Gali, and I had ordered it off of eBay a few years back.
I also got the 6 Turaga that day.
It was fun.

1 Like

I believe mine was also Onua whilst on a plane flight to California- my mom got it for me to keep me entertained.

Needless to say, rolling LEGO parts on an airplane made it a nightmare- we were barely able to finish it xD

2 Likes

I know the feeling! After my visit to LEGOLAND California I couldn’t contain my excitement, I just had to build something!

3 Likes

The first Toa Mata I ever got was actually my brother’s. We where at a toystore, and he got Onua while I got Gahlok. They where our first sets, other that the huge army of Bohrok Va we accumulated. (Last I counted, we had 18 Krana Va). About a year ago I was able to get all of the Toa Mata from Ebay in a huge lot, and I managed to sell all the other “extra” sets to cover the costs. I got the Toa Mata and many other sets for free. I was happy.

1 Like

lol, so many people got Onua first… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hail to the claw, baby.

5 Likes

The first Mata I got was Onua at age six around Christmas 2001. One of my elementary school friends got a Kopaka in a gift exchange but he couldn’t figure out how it went together so I built it for him. After that I begged my parents for a bionicle and eventually they let me have one. I picked Onua because his canister art clearly showed that he had articulated knees and because he looked like he belonged in Rock Raiders. It was such a disappointment when he didn’t, but he looked awesome anyway so I got over it and had tons of fun. The rest is history.

5 Likes

I got Lewa with his gold Miru and Pohatu, both in their canisters for £3 at a car boot sale.

1 Like

When I first saw the Toa Nuva advertisements, I thought they’d have actual articulated knees…

sigh

7 Likes