Why are Nuva masks organic in appearance?

So after Toa Mata were transformed into Toa Nuva, their masks changed in appearance and became more organic-looking. Is there a canon explanation to this?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not completely sure about this, but I think it is because when the toa mata fell into the pool of protodermis, it formed the new masks. The protodermis made their masks organic because the protodermis is a substance that is partly organic? I think? Possibly. But that is what I think.

1 Like

To be fair, their doesnā€™t really need to be, as they arenā€™t actually organic, just a bit rounded in shape. Itā€™s kind of a unique instance for a mask: being ā€˜mutatedā€™ by EP, so that could have had an effect. Itā€™s not like they were carved (Imma just ignore that Artahka supposedly made the rest).

something I find odd is that the ā€œmutatedā€ akaku has some wires and technolegy on it.

1 Like

The original Akaku had scope tech as well, I guess the EP just kept/modified what was already there.

2 Likes

but the original didnā€™t have wires on it.

1 Like

Not that we saw :wink:

3 Likes

I guess the original had wires in it, and they just popped out when the mata fell into the pool of protodermis.
if so,I wonder if the akakuā€™s mask power is from the technolegy on it, or the mask could do the scopey thingb without that technolegy bit.

1 Like

I believe the akaku /akaku nuva has a telescopic lens, that isnā€™t necessary for the maskā€™s power, but complements it.
Note that the noble Akaku lacks this lens.

I do not know if there is a direct explanation but it likely tied with how Energized Protodermis transforms Kanohi. How? I have no clue. The substance is very unpredictable.

If anything, itā€™s like tossing Kanohi masks into Acetone (which is something you should NOT do).

2 Likes