Why do YOU write?

Why do YOU write? Personally, I have been writing since about third grade, when I made what was pretty much a fan fiction of Bionicle. I have noticed that I write (the verb) because I love writing (the noun). So, most of my writing takes cues from the ones who have come before. However, I am curious to see why the other authors on the message boards take up the pen. So, tell me, why do you write?

6 Likes

Why do I right?

So that everyone else in the world can get some sense of understanding of what’s going on in my head, and even then, I feel like no one gets it.

3 Likes

Sometimes I feel like this too. This tends to show whenever I do anything with rich people, which doesn’t make a lot of since, since I have a very, very low income.

literally in my language arts class I just write 'bout bonkles

4 Likes

Nice! It has been sooo long since I have gotten to write fiction for school.

1 Like

I’ve not always enjoyed writing, in fact I hated it when I first started homeschooling. But eventually it became to where I really enjoyed it and I could not help but write pages upon pages whenever I had an idea. Now I write because I enjoy telling stories.

2 Likes

Good reason to write. I have to say, public schooling writing assignments are drudgery.

1 Like

Which is odd because I might enjoy some of them :stuck_out_tongue: I now write at least three-page papers for my history :stuck_out_tongue:

I often find myself straying off into the land of fiction in English. My dystopian final exam paper (don’t even get me started on the pirate unit) ended in what was essentially a much less perfect version of the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

2 Likes

I live and breathe to make stories. Sometimes I write said stories to have a record of them.

3 Likes

Sometimes I feel like this too, especially when I’m writing something that I know that my hear is in.

I write comedy, to make people laugh. Mostly my friends. I’ll write long stories of random adventures that are by no means a work of literature. But I write them because my friends enjoy them and they can brighten a bad day from time to time.

2 Likes

Comedy is easy for my to say, but not to write. That is a true talent, my man.

1 Like

I write because no one wants to write a crossover between Kyoryuger, Halo, MLP, RWBY, Redvs.Blue, and the main characters are squeavers. So I take it upon myself to release my imagination.

4 Likes

While I’ve never actually gotten around to fully writing any stories I’m proud of and publishing them anywhere, I want to write to world build and make up cool stuff.

2 Likes

To make my ideas a thing, I like to do it as well…and it helps me with my ADD.

1 Like

I generally write on my own whence in a reverie state and/or need to get something off of my chest.

1 Like

I write…

I write… To describe Ideals, textures, general things you wouldn’t get from just looking at an Image. I write to satiate the need to write down stories, fanfiction or not, to describe images or ideas.

2 Likes

I write because I get these stories in my head and I need to get em out somehow.

3 Likes

I write purely to get out a story people can enjoy. It’s not to express my feelings, it’s to entertain others and give out an interesting story.

1 Like