Why the Legend Reborn wasn't the best BIONICLE movie

http://www.thresholdanimationstudios.com/work_animation.php

These are the same guys that worked on one of the WORST movies of all time: Foodfight.

Don’t believe me? Look at this:

lol

15 Likes

This…this explains so much…woah. At least TLR wasn’t THAT bad.

3 Likes

TBH the empire strikes out was pretty funny.
But geez, the people who made the Hero Factory stuff also made FoodFight…
This is just another reason why we should block out BtLR from our memories.
http://i.imgur.com/r6J53BL.png

6 Likes

I don’t think there’s anyone saying TLR was the best BIONICLE movie

-Mesonak

14 Likes

I will say I liked TLR’s art style.

2 Likes

So did I for a bit.
Even though I missed the miramax style and music.

3 Likes

I liked it better than MoL

What I don’t like about TLR the most is that the feeling of the first 3 movies is/was missing. :frowning:

4 Likes

Okay lets start my entire story of the legend reborn: the experience!
It was the winter wave of '09 and I got skrall. He was a pretty cool set, and all. I was at a dinner in some random restaurant at the time(I was only nine years old so this is normal…right?), and was thinking: “Man wouldn’t it be cool if this guy was featured in some new movie or something?”
Then summer '09 came and I was super fanboying about the mata nui set, and then I saw it: in their canisters “bionicle the legend reborn new movie coming soon!” After that every day was too slow, because aa new movie was gonna be here!
Then eventually after some hunting I got it and came home super hyped. I watched it and didn’t think it was that bad(denial I guess). Then I rewatched it. And then I found out what the original skrall plot was. And then I found out everything. And I cried(lol not really but the feels). Then '10 came and the rest is explained in the how did you react to the end of bionicle topic.

2 Likes

Legend of Metru Nui was my favorite

6 Likes

Same here.
That movie is hands down the most influensial bionicle movie to me personally.

3 Likes

I think '09 had a pretty boring storyline in general. I mean, all other years had a pretty rigid plot, but Wave 1 had nothing but… gladiator battles. Almost the whole plot was just that. There were some other parts I guess, but they were never elaborated on and were kind of hard to follow. The movie had a stronger plot, but so many characters, many of them with very interesting backstories, were absent, and it just wasn’t very interesting. The story itself was that great either. They defeated the Skrall (I guess), and that was really it. The comics were there following the movie, but the didn’t get into much depth and didn’t really capture my interest. Besides, the setting was essentially a desert (with an oasis/jungle shoved in for the green figures). Deserts are boring.

3 Likes

I dunno. I’ve heard a few liking it…

2 Likes

TLR was the best movie out of all of them and you can’t convince me any different. The first 3 were cheesy and had crappy pacing and weird editing that makes them difficult to watch, while TLR takes itself as serious as it needs to (except for giant beetle swarm, I admit) and has pretty good pacing and editing. I can stand to watch it without nostalgia goggles on (never seen it until this year), while the others make me cringe. That makes it the best in my book

1 Like

@MagicLesbianROG

TLR HAD SO MUCH NONCANON CRAP IN IT!! IT LOOKED HORRIBLE!!! IT MADE NO SENSE WHEN COMPARED TO THE CANON IF YOU INCLUDE THE NON-CANON ASPECTS!!! IT WAS ONE OF THE WORSE FILMS I HAVE EVER SEEN!! THAT WAS THE MOVIE THAT MADE ME HATE 2009 WITH ALL MY BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS!!!

Ehem* I disliked the film very much.

sorry for the caps

This is a joke, don’t be mad.

1 Like

I mean there’s no need to scream about it

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

come at me bruh!

I’m not being serious.

1 Like

@Bitl
Ok, seems you’ve kind of jumped the gun here… just because they animated one bad movie doesn’t mean that is the reason The Legend Reborn was in some people’s view, weaker than the other films.

If anything, you are blaming an animation studio for all the problems with The Legend Reborn. Personally I didn’t think their was anything wrong with the animation of The Legend Reborn, my main problems come from the script.

I’ve seen writers make one bad movie and had that define them and it seems you are doing the same here to the animation studio, simply because they worked on one bad movie.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Did you ever see Nostalgia Critic or JonTron’s video on FoodFight! or those of you who don’t know what they are?

I wonder if they would do the Legend reborn…

2 Likes

I agree that the animators shouldn’t be blamed for the script, and that one bad project shouldn’t define someone.

However, TLR and Foodfight both had the same writer, Sean Catherine Derek, who also worked on at least some of the Hero Factory cartoons. So there is more going on here than just sharing animators.

1 Like