Why was gresh a bionicle star?

Gresh was significant character in the movie and I’m assuming somewhat In the comics (never really read them ):wink: but what made him so important to put him into the stars? All of the of the other characters made sense to me, but him. It would have been better to me to use a tiny mata nui…

-TERMINXX

4 Likes

I guess they wanted to appeal to recent fans as well as old ones.

2 Likes

And if Mata Nui was one of them we wouldn’t have the giant robot fight.

2 Likes

I would’ve preferred 10 sets for Stars.
Tahu
a bohrok
Rakshi
Takanuva because there’s no good way to do a 2004 set
Toa Norik
Nektann (call him by name. HE’S NOT A PIRAKA! HE’S A SKAKDI)
Takadox or Pridak
Melding universe Teridax or Kopaka Phantoka
Gresh
Skrall

21 Likes

@Matoro
I agree with that entire list. All of those sets would have looked really cool. I would’ve also liked to see a Visorak and, maybe (please don’t lynch me…), maybe a Matoran that transformed into a Toa, like a Toa Macku or Toa Kopeke. But that’s just an idea- it might not have turned out well (but since the Matoran are the same size as the Toa know, I figured “Why not?”).

6 Likes

I personally would’ve LOVED to see the Chronicler’s Company become Toa.

8 Likes

Yeah, that would’ve been cool. Maybe have Tamura fly the Axalara!!!

…then again, maybe it’s best if he stays on the ground…

2 Likes

The stars should have been titans, not midgets.

13 Likes

I think the purpose was to encompass the major eras of Bionicle. Tahu being 2001, Takanuva and Rahkshi being 2003, Piraka being 2006, and Gresh and Skrall being 2009.

6 Likes

This was my guess as well. They had a couple representatives of 2001-2003 already, so they put a more recent character in

2 Likes

http:/uploads/db5640/1236/623ecd42aaf81d7f.jpg HYPPPPPPEEE!

Looks fake. :stuck_out_tongue:

Because gresh introduced us to the first new planet in the bionicle universe

To dome extent I agree exept kalmar instead of takadox or predak toa mistika tahu instead of gresh and jaller from 2007 instead of skrall

I think that with the Stars they were trying to do a kind of “greatest hits” collection to end Bionicle with. I’m not a big fan of the star Gresh, but he was easily one of the best glatorian sets, so he’s there to represent that ‘era’. I really wish they’d included something from the Karda Nui or Mahri Nui parts of the story, though… maybe instead of the Skrall.

9 Likes

That’s logical but they needed a character with a white color scheme to be complete and Matoro… he uhhh…

4 Likes

All the choices in stars were awful

Tahu - 2001
Rahkshi - 2003
Takanuva - 2003 (also he was silver, why?)
Piraka - 2006
Gresh - 2009
Skrall - 2009

Why not use the toa mahri? they weren’t doing anything.

5 Likes

I would say that it was to appeal to newer fans, but I think that the Skrall did that. Also, I think that they should’ve used Matau instead.

3 Likes

But Matau was a Turaga at that point.

1 Like

They could have used Hahli for the blue one, and Zaktan for the green one. I think both of those sets represented their themes.

4 Likes