Work in Progress

So it is the color of the piece rather than the choice of piece?

1 Like

To me at least. I really do think the launcher pieces promote the hourglass shape, and I can see how the proportions match up with the ones you googled because of them.

Update: I got rid of the launcher pieces for my own reasons.

7 Likes

There is still something off, but I cant tell what it is, it looks cool but as I said, there is something weird with it

2 Likes

Can’t say I agree with you unless you identify the exact reason.

Nice!

The only elements of the MOC that really bother me are the hands and the thighs. I feel like they would look much better if you were able to reduce the amounts of different colours being used.

I understand that you’re limited by the parts at your disposal. Perhaps some bricklink orders could rectify the situation?

1 Like

I mean I could just use silver and black, no gunmetal, but there is no replacing the shin guard pieces- it’s either red yellow or orange. I don’t see any problem with the thighs- from a shaping perspective, they’re perfect. What color should the hands be? I have ordered silver fingers.

Except he’s not critiquing the shaping, he’s critiquing the colors…

The silver contrasts greatly, and doesn’t look all too good imo

What colors do you suggest then

Probably black, since the moc already uses a ton of it.

Yeah, the gunmetal clashes a bit. However, I feel as though the biggest problem is the small amounts of light grey used on the hands and the upper legs. They stick out and they could be replaced with readily-available black versions of those parts.

Another nitpick would be the wheel pieces used for the wrists. Unfortunately, those pieces only come in light grey, dark red and green, so you’re kinda stuck in that regard.

I think the silver looks fine. Though maybe @Recynon could try swapping the silver parts out. Almost all of those pieces exist in either Keetorange or black.

For this project colors really don’t bother me that much. The silver stands out, but I don’t think it’s terrible. The problem is that the silver is not more evenly spread out- there’s just a large block of silver in the torso and not much anywhere else. The fact that the shoulder pieces don’t come in other colors complicates things because it forces me to include yellow.

Yeah, this. The maybe adding more silver elsewhere could help solve this.

It looks much better now that the torso isn’t a mess of technic.

The major problem wasn’t the exposed technic pieces but rather the shaping of the torso and the shaping of the launcher pieces. It wasn’t the color of the launcher pieces either.

Those parts actually came out in four colours: keetorange, red, yellow and silver. if i understand which parts you´re referring to

The shin guards don’t come in silver, according to Bricklink.

You’d be correct. Keetorange from Mata Nui, orange from Ackar, red from Xplode, and yellow from Meltdown, if I remember my sets properly. Silver never happened.

1 Like

sorry i was wrong, for some reason has brickset not added the yellow colour to the yellow version of that part