Yellow axles

I just got Uxar and Lewa 2016 today, and noticed they had yellow axles, I thought this was strange, though not bad, since it complimented their color schemes.

Is lego going to do more colored axles in the future? Will they make colored 3 axles the norm like the red 2 axles?

8 Likes

I guess that would be nice. The whole red axles and blue pins thing never bothered me to begin with.

1 Like

Ideas Wall E had them first and this year they appear across multiple themes so yes yellow does appear to be a new color for size 3 axles, but they’re not the standard color yet.

3 Likes

But the grey variant hasn’t disappeared right?

3 Likes

I also know that sometimes four long axles are red now.

Nope the grey variant is still the most common by far.

2 Likes

What would be the approximate percentage of grey axles and yellow axles this year?

Grey axles appear ~741 times in 69 sets this year. Yellow axles appear 46 times in 20 sets this year. So ~94% are grey and ~6% are yellow for 2016.

7 Likes

Eh, its an interesting new development.

1 Like

If they use rainbow colors for the pins and axles it will be Eljay’s worst nightmare.

5 Likes

Or even worse…trans neon colours!

7 Likes

Transparent axles. That just sounds like a horrible idea on its own.

4 Likes

Ayyy, I kinda liek dat idea!

1 Like

Well, we have 3m. Axles with stoppers in brown…so LEGO does seem to be color-coding things better…much to my dismay.

1 Like

What about…

#glow in the dark pins???

3 Likes

What purpose would that serve? That sounds less practical than the translucent axles.

1 Like

E X A C T L Y.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But they would be fairly easy to find in large bins of parts, at least…

2 Likes

In the dark. Why would you be mocing with all the lights off? Not to mention that glow in the dark stuff only works after some light exposure. If have a glow in the dark something or other, and you hold it up to a light for a little bit, it will glow brighter than before. But is also runs out. So if they where in the bottom of a bin, then they wouldn’t work,

1 Like

I rebuilt my Takadox using this method, it works :wink:.

(of course I wouldn’t use it for MOCing)

1 Like

I wish Lego got back to using the greyscale pins but for some reason, the yellow axles on Lewa and Uxar don’t bother me. They add a nice splash of color to an otherwise pretty dull color scheme dominated by silver and grey.

3 Likes