Yo_Yo_Piraka's Rahkshi-Head MOCs (COMPLETE)

So it’s been about two and a half years since I last posted anything on here haha. Last time we saw each other I was in my last months of high school, now I’m sitting through college in my parents’ house because of a certain world event (THE GANG ON THE LOOSE; NOTHIN’ YOU CAN DO) and I’m not loving it. However, this past year has given me the opportunity to get back into MOCing, and so I have! Instead of separate posts I’m just gonna dump all of them here in no particular order.

For those of you who haven’t been here that long, I challenged myself those years ago to create non-rahkshi MOCs for all 10 of the existing rahkshi head colors. I’ve only got 8 currently, but I have plans for the last 2 (I just need to figure out how to execute said plans). I’ve also come up with full backstories/worldbuilding and stuff for the whole gang (without even meaning to, but that happens when you design a whole bunch of characters) but I’m not gonna type all that up right now. I’d be happy to talk about 'em though if people are curious.

I’ve got recent pictures for 3 right now and I’ll update with the others soon. Theres some year-old pics on my Deviantart and Imgur pages though if you wanna see that, but some are outdated.

Here’s the first batch:

THE GENERAL
Wanted to make a smaller one, but this is supposed to be challenge, so I gave him a pet :3 .

Bionicle MOC: The General (2021)

THE SAMURAI
What it says on the label. I liked that Ninjago blade piece so much I made a whole MOC for it. I also really enjoyed figuring out neat hat/hair/headpiece designs for the rahkshi heads.

Bionicle MOC: The Samurai (2021)

THE KEEPER
Anyone here play For Honor? They dropped a new character named Gryphon recently and I basically just yoinked his whole fit. This one is the most recent so he’s also the least-nitpicked, and I’m sure I could improve on him if I had more free time.

Bionicle MOC: The Keeper (2021)

Click the links for more pictures, and updates will be real soon I promise. In the meantime tips, comments, general human interaction (please I can’t go outside) are all very much appreciated. Love you all, stay safe.

-Yo_Yo_Piraka

37 Likes

Very nice, there’s something to love in all of them (the samurai is my favourite). Love the shaping on the keepers chest, 10/10 can’t wait to see more

3 Likes

The Keeper seems the best out of these - The General is a bit simplistic and The Sumurai has some messy color-blocking. Overall, I really like these, and I’m interested on what variations on the design you make in the future.

2 Likes

These are some epic mocs man! Great job!

1 Like

I’m a pretty recent denizen of the boards, but I saw your previous entries in this series while flipping through old MOCs. It’s great to see you continuing! I quite like all three of these, particularly the Keeper–the coloring, the weapon, and the armor are all awesome.

1 Like

I see Keeper is pretty popular! He’s definitely the most inspired design of the three, the others were mostly improvisation on a theme.

Anyways, here’s one that I’ve posted before, but significantly better now

THE EXECUTIONER
The first one I made, and also the biggest. He’s got one of my favorite weapons of the bunch, inspired by one of the bosses in Dark Souls III. Although I tried to avoid CCBS for the most part (just for consistency’s sake) I ended up using CCBS bones for his upper arms, which give him better posability, and the friction-adders were a must for the legs/waist to keep him upright.

Bionicle MOC: The Executioner (2021)
^^(Click for more images)^^

EDIT 4/8/21:
Another returning MOC, this one with very noticable improvements since last time.

THE QUEEN
This was the second MOC I made as part of this project, and I’m very proud of the headpiece/hair(?) on this one, it doesn’t get in the way of posability as much as you’d think.

Bionicle MOC: The Queen (2021)
^^(Click for more images)^^
12 Likes

Ooh, very nice revisions! The torso of the Executioner is great, and the Antroz wing as a blade–awesome. I also like quite like his foot design, for some reason.

As for the Queen–TREAD HAIR is beautiful. So is her headpiece-coronet-thing. I do vaguely wish there was more blue on her, though. Also, is the Samurai above meant to be female? It seems to have roughly (?) the same torso build as the Queen. Double also, good golly, Queen’s got hips.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! The Samurai is indeed meant to be female, although her body build is actually pretty different from the Queen’s, internally. Samurai actually has a waist joint and Queen doesn’t (she uses a bohrok body piece). The joint isn’t too useful given Samurai’s construction but it can give some subtle hip twisting/tilting when necessary.

The lack of blue on Queen is mostly a limitation of my part collection, so I might be able to add more after a trip to bricklink (the feet/hands, for example).

I also concur with you on the Executioner’s feet, the fact that the metru-matoran foot slots perfectly into the hordika foot is weirdly satisfying.

2 Likes

I’d say she’s a Samuress, then, but that really doesn’t work apart from sounding mildly cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s my philosophy of MOCing in a nutshell: if I can find something weirdly satisfying, I build it. I hope you don’t mind if I plagiarize this foot design at some indeterminate point in the future.

For something a little different, this is a WIP, which will be finished once I bricklink more parts for the legs. I’m calling him The Inquisitor.

First impressions? I’m committed to the super-heavy armor look but I’d be willing to take pointers.

7 Likes

Assuming black doesn’t represent armor, the inika shoulder and foot on the back (or at least the foot alone) should be silver. I feel it’d look a lot more cohesive. Looks great so far, though!

1 Like

The bicep design is pretty neat, excited to see where this guy goes.

1 Like

NEW ONE
Sorry for the random delay, but I’ve got the rest of the pictures for the last 3 completed builds. After that, I’ve got two WIPs cooking in the oven (waiting for bricklink orders) so expect those within the next week.

THE MARAUDER
Mata green is unfortunately a color I am in short supply of, but it looks great in my opinion. This character was mainly born out of my love for unconventionally large scythe weapons. I originally planned to give them a Ehlek spine mohawk but it was a bit overkill.

Bionicle MOC: The Marauder (2021)
^^Click For More Images^^
10 Likes

Doesn’t that damage the plastic?

My man, we would get along.

Love the shaping on this one, although the one blotch of dark grey on the arms seems slightly out of place.

3 Likes

Yeah at some point I should get around to updating Marauder’s arms, I’m not especially happy with them.

I finished one of the WIPs I mentioned earlier, but I’ll hold off on posting it until I finish with updates to the originals. Speaking of which:

THE PALADIN
The main problem I faced with this MOC is the lack of a consistent brown between every Bionicle set, but I don’t really have control over that. I feel like Paladin is one of the most complete-looking of these MOCs. She wasn’t one of my favorites before but I think she looks like about what I originally imaged now.

Bionicle MOC: The Paladin (2021)
^^Click for more images^^
8 Likes

the best class

I really like this, as always, although it does seem … vaguely sexualized. That’s may be just me being oversensitive. The lower leg design is very interesting, and the color blocking is on point.

1 Like

I was worried about that since the original version received a few similar reactions. I personally don’t see anything wrong with it, and it really wasn’t what I was going for. I will admit, though, the original leaned more heavily towards unrealistic proportions (partially due to incompetence on my part) and a lot of the updates I’ve made were to rectify that issue.

Thank you! Also an aspect I worked on improving.

EDIT 4/23/21

Here’s the last of the ones I’ve posted in the past, then I’ll show off the ones I finished just yesterday, and maybe take some group shots.

THE ASSASSIN:
Not all that much to say about this one, he’s one of the slimmest I’ve built so getting him to look properly armored was a bit of a challenge. And yes, the edgy design and the “hair” (big air quotes on that) are intentional.

Bionicle MOC: The Assassin (2021)
^^Click For More Images^^
9 Likes

All three of these new fellows are neat. I think I like the Marauder most of them–giant scythes are cool. And I’d say the Paladin is only sexualized if you look at it that way. The proportions are there, but not eye-wateringly so.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the original Paladin for comparison, and I think the arms and pelvis-foot-armor are a definite improvement. It did make me question the Metru armor on the sides of the thighs more than I already had, though. It looks a little too big there. At the risk of giving her something of a booty, I’d be interested to see what it would look like if you put the Metru armor on the back instead. …Also, after some reflection, I don’t know that the Assassin’s “hair” really works at all.

1 Like

A prototype design I did way back in the beginning had this. Did not look good, I promise. I’ve been trying a lot of different things recently regarding the design and nothing’s really stuck.

In all likelihood this is my last hurrah in terms of Bionicle MOCing for the foreseeable future. Once I’m vaccinated (in just a few weeks) I’ll be able to move out of my childhood home, and I likely won’t be able to bring all my Bionicle stuff to college with me, nor would I have time to work on them if I did. As it stands these might end up being the final versions.

Tbh, it doesn’t. However, I think it’s hilarious.

2 Likes

I believe you. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a shame, I’ve been quite enjoying this series. Your style is really neat. I do hope your college goes well.

Ya know what, it is, and I shan’t discount humor value in a MOC. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes