Your favorite Historical Figure

If we are going by a more entertainment based Historical Figure, I would say good old Walter Elias Disney (Man I love that guy). :blush:

A more historic pick would be Thomas jefferson for expanding the country in its earlier years and being the head writer of the DoI.

1 Like

Recently I read a book my grandfather gave me about the war of 1812. It cast a new light on Jefferson for me. Mostly in the fact that he made terrible naval decisions.

1 Like

Thomas Jefferson
Presidential term: March 4, 1801 – March 4, 1809

Vincent van Gogh - mostly due to the struggles and hardships he faced and that despite what he suffered he was able to create amazing beauty in his work.

2 Likes

Nikola Tesla, Teancum, Galileo Galilei, and Abraham Lincoln

2 Likes

Semi-Necropost is very semi-necropost.
I like Lincoln (like, a ton) and also J. R. R. Tolkien.

1 Like

Tesla, Edison, John A. McDonald, Einstien, the such.

I’ve become quite fond of Talleyrand as of late. He’s such a scoundrel :stuck_out_tongue:

Robert E. Lee. (American Civil War)

This man was one of the coolest people to ever live.

First of all, he didn’t fight on behalf of the South for any political reasons. He fought cause’ his home state was Virginia. It’s even believed that he opposed Slavery for the duration of the war.

The man was also a military genius. He won many battles and is likely the main reason the South lasted so long in the Civil War.

Read more here: Robert E. Lee - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Thomas Jefferson. For the three things on his tomb, and his hatred of slavery.
BTW, his being president isn’t on his tombstone.

Thomas Jefferson had slaves. I wouldn’t really count him as a revolutionary abolitionist.

William Penn, I did a project on him in 6th grade. Really interesting person.

and no he’s not the quaker oats dude

5 Likes

At least he freed his slaves when he died. Guess who didn’t.

Well, he could have just, you know, not ever owned slaves.

I know. I always thought that was weird.
And BTW, it was George Washington.

He really did look like him though.

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/38/91538-004-503731F9.jpg

inb4 @White_Rainbow makes a version of Quaker Beast using this guy.

7 Likes

My favorite would have to be a certain WW2-era Englishman, Lt. Colonel Jack Churchill. This guy went into battle in World War 2 with a bow, bagpipes, and a Scottish broadsword. He got the only confirmed kill with a longbow in WW2, and charged into battle with his sword during a beach landing. Jack Churchill was the ultimate bad***.

4 Likes

Teddy Roosevelt is my new favorite president. I didn’t even know how much he did, and this guy was TOUGH! During his run under the progressive (Bullmoose) party, he was shot while giving a speech, the bullet going through his thick speech papers and steel glasses case. He got the bullet stuck in his ribs but he FINISHED the speech before he went to a hospital.

And they couldn’t remove the bullet, either, so he lived with that thing inside of him for the rest of his life.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I want to finish this tomorrow but for now whatevs amirite

4 Likes