BIONICLE 2017 Speculation Topic

Why just only the threads, we should make this a legit project thing.

1 Like

We’ll just force the names on LEGO. XD

5 Likes

hey, i like those names, good job :slight_smile:

also, personaly as i have showed before, i would prefer the more flame like version of the Kanohi Mana Hopea. as in the version we saw in the second GN.

3 Likes

The Latin words would sound even nicer (or weirder or worse depending on the person)

Persona Creatio (MoCr)
Persona Imperium (MoCo)
Persona Ultimum Potentiae (MoUP)

Is your idea something like how Umaraks red mask found on Ekimu 2016 is?

Also more G1 in G2:
Kanohi Ahi (Mask of Fire)
Kanohi Wai (Mask of Water)
Kanohi Uru Raau (Mask of Jungle)
Kanohi Kohatu (Mask of Stone)
Kanohi Whenua (Mask of Earth)
Kanohi Tio (Mask of Ice)
Kanohi Atarangi (Mask of Shadow)

…given how these G2 mask dont have special specific powers to them, these names would kinda fit since they only one the elemental powers by themselves.

3 Likes

mmm not really, its more like a black head that is burning red, think this… minus the skull head:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V2tEh5_Ur6M/UI-FSDV7rHI/AAAAAAACrwk/QABgQ44DtU4/s640/79087078907890.gif

dang, Whenua have become famous.

he have masks named after him.

3 Likes

Hmm, yes, that Moulding is possible and much more achievable.

I know right.

Also More Google translate:
Tahu = Husband
Gali = Good
Lewa = Lewa …k
Pohatu = Stone
Onua/Onewa = Onua/Basalt

OMEGA HUSBAND!

4 Likes

The Barraki are a better example of individual says.

must be akward for Tahu when others call him by his name… especialy Gali, or any other female character.

3 Likes

Husband? How does that make sense?

Or Onua since well…cough

Cause Tahu means something that is also Manly in Maori culture besides fire, idk…it also means ridge pole/ridge-beam. Like Im not even making this stuff up.

So who do you think wont return in 2017 after this years summer wave?

4 Likes

He might, he might not. If the BIONICLE team can incorporate the Mask of Time into the 2017 story, I’m all for it! I suspect the MoUP will have the greater focus, though…

1 Like
1 Like

But come on man, pose-ability>gimmic.

1 Like

We kinda got that with the waist function…which is also a gear/butt mechanism.

I would rather have figures that are interesting to build and actually do something other than just stand there and look pretty than figures that are flat, hollow and lightweight. Functionality makes things so much more interesting, and I really don’t want to revert away from that.

10 Likes

hey @TeslaEffect. wanna know a twist that is better than having the MoUP be evil and the true antagonist of the story?

by revelaing that Ekimu did think little of his brother and that he was pridefull of his own works and thus belived himself to be not only better than Makuta but also that he was right and that Makuta was wrong.

think of it like this, when Ekimu smashed the MoUP from Makuta’s face, he was the one who caused the disaster that damadge Okoto. But he just ingores that blame and just shoves it all on Makuta because he created a mask that he could not “control”…

but what if Makuta was right? what if one could control more than one element? what if when he said: I will control… EVERYTHING! He was in actuality speaking towards the MoUP, which he had lost control over.

But at the moment when Makuta might have been able to regain control over the mask, Ekimu comes rushing in and smashes his hammer into Makuta’s head (who as you all must remember, just stod still)

and the most important part, as Ekimu said about the visions from the Vahi, one must be wise enough to understand them. How do we know if Ekimu is wise enough to understand them. Ekimu might have read the visions differently, for example beliving Makuta to be the one responsible for Okoto’s destruction, when in fact it was Ekimu who is to blame, and had Ekimu belived and trusted his brother more, the island would still be a paradise and his brother would not have become corrupted.

4 Likes

Sure, I also support this Ekimu is flawed thing as well.

1 Like

Whenua? That explains many things.

Btw, what if we are getting two story arcs next year like 2003?

Winter Wave :

• Toa
  • 10$ villains looking for the MoT
  • MoT guardian (packaged with the mask obviously)

Summer Wave :

• 3 questionable sets
  • Ekimu 3.0
  • Makuta with the MoUP
7 Likes

It its the last year of this generation, then this is probably the best way to cram in as much plot development as they can.

Also 3 questionable sets…lewl…imo its a bit sad that we only had 3 villain sets that actually looked complete in the thematic they were made in…but as always, comparing it with the previous generation in the present area of complete looking characters in hteir thematics, its about the same amount, all be it now we dont have a lot of clone sets anymore which is always a plus when you are going for uniqueness.

1 Like

Probably. But the Mask of Time hasn’t been put in the spotlight as much (only really appearing in the graphic novel and books) and even then there hasn’t really been much of a “need” for it other than occasionally looking into the future. I would bet that the story would focus solely on the search for Makuta’s body and the MoUP