Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“Not a card.” He says. “But here’s my number.” He lists off his cell-number.

Ideruba sighs. I don’t have a phone. I spend that 50 bux a month on drinking. He shrugs and grabs his bike.
“I guess I’m gonna go. I have to handle some stuff.”

Zablex programs it into his device before giving his own to the anthropologist.

“Ike,” he started, “You are now able to manipulate blood; I don’t think there isn’t anyone who’d want to use that for nefarious purposes and wouldn’t stop until they have that power.” This was a less-than-subtle warning that there may be a target on their backs.

“I just wanna chill out. Imagine how practical it would be to be the guy who holds a tiara and controls blood of all things. I’m gonna use it for my secret gardening career. Thank you very much.”

1 Like

“Alright.” Jeff reluctantly said. “But we’ll be comin’ after you if we see ya on the news.”

1 Like

Zablex looked at Jeff, “Why not try to write on this?” He asked. “I would think, considering how enthusiastic you seem to be about all this, that you would be chomping at the bit to write, present and even publish a paper about your discovery.”

Ike starts walking down the mountain with his bike, his clotted mass of blood following him.

“Ah, Yes, write about an ancient kingdom that over half my field thinks doesn’t exist, and the other half don’t care. About the kingdom that had magic gemstones all laying around for common use. That sounds like a good idea. Definitely not going to immediately get discredited, unless I show off my discovery, leading the world powers to go searching for these things quicker than they already are going to once news gets out, and expediting the process that’ll lead to an invasion of Estonia and possibly a new way to wage destructive war. Sounds like a lose-lose.” He says.

“The kid walking with a floating orb of blood behind him like it was a puppy tells me that this won’t stay a secret for long.” Zablex told Jeff.

“Well I hope he won’t be an idiot and do it in the city.” He says. His eyes light up and he points his ring in Dwight’s general direction. Please don’t have that thing doing that in the city. It’s a good way to get attacked by…well a lot of different kinds of people. He tries to say to Dwight telepathically

“All you need now is a lamp and green costume.” Zablex says with a chuckle.

OOC: GTG, g’night.

Dwight groans and looks back Its a no brainer. I’m just on my way to test it.
It shouldn’t even be a problem after all.
He continues walking his bike.

Rodian exits the taxi. He was in Philadelphia. He was visiting the Penn Museum as the it stores some medieval resources that would interest him. He feels the pendant tied around his wrist tug. It seemed to be northwest. he shrugged it off. Though the tug was getting stronger the closer he got to Pennsylvania.

“And the ability to make constructs. I’m kinda missing that. Just ‘mind’ powers whatever the hell that means.” Jeffrey responds.

“I’m sure the answers will come in due time.” Zablex said as he began to leave. “I’d best be going.”

“Alright.” He said, reluctant. “I’ll be in touch.”

Zablex nods and begins hiking down the mountain to get a ride home.

Ideruba waits at a bus stop holding a plastic bottle of blood. He snugs it away into his jacket

Zablex makes his way to the bus stop, planning to take it as close to New York as possible so he could take a cab the rest of the way to his home.

Ike ways to him as he mutters quietly to himself