Could a LEGO Ideas Project Save Bionicle/Constraction?

So I’ve been getting a couple of messages basicly saying, “I don’t know anything about BIONICLE, but I like this”, but yeah it’s mostly geared toward Bionicle fans. So any help spreading it around to more Bionicle fans is great

4 Likes

Yeah, but there is also Noah Productions’s Bionicle: Island of Doom, and Bionicle Ignition 2, which also have round 200K-300K views. And for the most part, only Bionicle fans are going to watch and understand those.

1 Like

there is definetely a difference tho in clicking on a youtube video and making an ideas account and supporting a project. For example I already have more reddit upvotes than supporters, so not everyone is willing to take the time to support the project

7 Likes

It might also be good to get the attention of BioTube. Someone like Ben Cossy could be a good outlet for getting the word out.

And if anyone here happens to frequent LEGO conventions, advertising there might also be very helpful.

3 Likes

525 Supporters in less than 24 Hours! If the supporters keep growing at this rate, it would probably get to 1000 in two days at most!

Support will eventually slow down

1 Like

And so will my hopes and dreams for Ideas

1 Like

I don’t think we’ve seen its top speed so far, it just reached 716 supporters.
When I went to support that was maybe 12 hours ago and I was the 544th supporter so in roughly 12 hrs it gained 172 supporters.

1 Like

Supporter 766! Good luck, @Sokoda!

1 Like

Thank you @PakariNation99 and @Jcton

1 Like

1000 Supporters already! Wow!

Congrats for your first thousand supporters!

1 Like

@LegoDavid , @Toa_Radrix yeah it’s amazing, TTVs video really helped a lot.
Please keep sharing and supporting!

5 Likes

A thousand already? That’s incredible!

Yeah, I’m trying to get all of my friends with Ideas to support it. It may be only seven votes or so, but every vote counts.

4 Likes

I find it fascinating how when I first created this topic and adressed the possibily of reviving Bionicle through LEGO Ideas, everybody completly disregarded the Idea, but now, everyone seems to be in support of it…

1 Like

Woah woah woah, let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. I am just as excited as you to see this become a set, but let’s just measure our expectations here a little bit.

If this gets through, and I must stress if - there’s still no guarantee it will be a set, even if it reaches 10,000 (to be clear, I hope it does, I want it on display in my room :stuck_out_tongue: ) - that doesn’t mean Bionicle is back. This means we get one set, which we would be extremely lucky for, which can celebrate one of Lego’s greatest achievements.

I don’t think this will lead to a revival. I’m all for the idea, I just don’t see it happening. One lego ideas set is one thing, but a whole theme of its own again costs a lot of money, money I don’t imagine they’re willing to spend.

I am excited that this might become a set, I’m not expecting Bionicle to come back. I just want to make sure that I’m clear on that and that you’re aware of where I stand.

3 Likes

Regardless Lego seeing that there are fans for this project would help.

1 Like

Lego is more than aware that we still exist, G2 alone is evidence of that. But we are not the only market they need to be selling to. If they actually want to succeed, they need to rope in new people.

That didn’t really happen with G2, and they got cold feet. I don’t like it - I think it’s partly thanks to a series of poor decisions on their part, but that’s the way it is.

Our passion is not in doubt, new audiences’ passion is. Somehow I don’t think a nostalgia-filled loveletter designed primarily for hardcore fans will really change their minds on this.

I hate to say it, but there it is.

When I mean reviving Bionicle, I mean reviving it in public interest. Even if the set gets approved, I don’t expect to see more than that specific set.
The main reason most LEGO fans aren’t into Bionicle is because it’s a constraction-based, and constraction isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. However, a System Bionicle set could appeal to regular LEGO fans too, and potentially win us a few new fans.

2 Likes

Hey, looks like the project has been referenced on BZpower

4 Likes