Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

With a raised eyebrow, the sailor walks away.

1 Like

Louisa’s brow furrows; she’s at a complete loss. “…and what eez zat supposed to do?”

“Show them that we’re serious about gaining our self-governance, get the international community behind us by showing our reasoning for separating, and to an extent define what land we claim as being our own.” He tells her. “And eventually, once the others are back, we’ll work on actually figuring out how to run our new country.” He looks towards the window. “Essentially, it will crystallize our idea into a more concrete reality. It will make it official: We, the people of Kena, will no longer be oppressed by these other powers.” He clenches his fists. “We will take care of ourselves, better than either of them ever have or ever will. No longer will we be their battlefield.”

Aina nods,
“Any day. There is a room in the back of you need it. Do you know what time Moenir will return?”

She comes in and shakes her head. “Not a clue. He went wit’ Ryko ta some brewery, er…potion-shop thing, an’ I haven’t seen 'im since. I just had to run from some sailors that chased us here from Kenasa.”

“Alright, so he should be back shortly. I have a room where Blud would use to hide in, whenever he was chased here. It’s in the back room underneath the bed.”
Aina welcomes them in.

OOC: alright night y’all.

“Thanks.” She says, deciding it was better to be safe than sorry, and heading to go into it.

Kasie followed Sarah.

Aina quips,
“Well I did marry a pirate, and there are people who would try to get after him. However, many foreigners seem to forget this is a plutocracy and money speaks a lot louder than any action or word.”
She leads them to the back room, moving the bed aside. Underneath was just planks of wood, like the rest of the floor, but these planks were very loose. Aina pulled the planks out, revealing a cellar room. She comments,
“It might not be the most comfortable space, but it’ll keep yah safe for a good amount of time.”

Moenir hurries home, he had a visible complexion of worriness as he ran. He muttered something in gathenian again and continued to make his way home.

“Thank you.” Sarah said as she went in.

Kasie entered after Sarah.

Ryko jogged after his fellow rebel.

Haful walked down the dark streets of Kenasa. Ever since the town had started to get restless, he had been avoiding major thoroughfares, since the law enforcement would pick up any that seemed suspicious. But not tonight. He was going to get out of this place. A merchant that doesn’t keep moving, makes no money. He walked swiftly and silently towards the outer walls, hoping none would notice him.

A guard on patrol sees him, and keeps an eye on him as he approaches, but makes no move. Yet.

He continues. Trying not to draw unnecessary attention.

“Might I ask what you are doing?” The guard asks, his accent thick.

“I am merely taking a walk on this fine night. Good for the sinuses.” He says, gripping his staff.

“Two knocks mean keep quiet and no questions. One knock is safe. Three… well it’s hide if you two can fine room in the hidden room.”
Aina says as they go down.
“You should be able to tell when Moenir is here. Do you remember how many is safe?”

Moenir runs down the streets slowing down for Ryko. He knew these streets very well and running in them wasn’t too hard, but someone new here could get tripped up by the winding roads. He keeps pace and eventually reaches his street.

“One knock.” Kasie whispered. [quote=“Jcton, post:1218, topic:48617”]
Moenir runs down the streets slowing down for Ryko. He knew these streets very well and running in them wasn’t too hard, but someone new here could get tripped up by the winding roads. He keeps pace and eventually reaches his street.
[/quote]

Ryko grins and speeds up, reaching Moenir.
“I ain’t a slow old man.” He joked.

He nods. “Just stay away from zee wall.” He warns, readying to shoot, if he needs.

Sarah takes a deep breath, hoping for the best.

He nods. “But of course sir.” He says, then continues. He turned a corner, now walking parallel to the wall. He walked on, moving and street closer to the wall whenever he could.