Eljay vs. Jang's Reviews

Lets be honest guys, the first three years of CCBS build wasnt particularly good for any MOCist if he purely went with that system since there werent a lot of pieces for the system back then.

No excuse for the horrible Bionicle mocs though, for which there were more bad than good MOCs in his case.

4 Likes

Eljay on the other hand, doesn’t MOC :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

IMO, JangBricks is the man to watch if you want objective reviews from a guy who’s just looking for a good set. Eljay makes good reviews for the typical Bionicle fan. He definitely seems to use more Bionicle terms (like “Keetorange” or “Metru Red” or “Mata Green”) and he cares more about what a G1 Fan would want to see in a G2 set.

So really, neither is better, content-wise. Subscribe to both, why not? :blush:

3 Likes

Jang is very subjective. I’m not. Jang also does things in a little more of a showcase-y fashion than an in-depth review depending on which set he’s reviewing.

6 Likes

but you got the comedy Eljay so that’s good
but Jang releases his vids more often

I prefer Eljay’s reviews, but Jangbricks is more professional.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re probably right, actually.

I prefer ElJay’s seeing as he a Is a fan and has similar opinions as me

Nah, you could make something good if you had the parts (which Jang had).

11 Likes

I’m not going to argue about his CCBS skills (which are great) but his actual BIONICLE building skills leaves a lot to be desired.

Because like I said…

12 Likes

Actually, that MOCs not bad… :confused:

1 Like

Jang claimed that he was pretty noobist back in the days despite having few cooler moc from the G1 days.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jLjmfRoaZMs/TJW_TvVEgvI/AAAAAAAAAeI/xmiHmHxHPh0/s1600/090522-lego-bionicle-moc-065.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jLjmfRoaZMs/SptiSLmsFuI/AAAAAAAAATA/6s-AtInQFdE/s1600/090830-lego-bionicle-004.jpg

8 Likes

Like I said, Jang did some really nicely built mocs back then, but they weren’t as abundant compared to his bad mocs.

4 Likes

I dunno. Regardless of the “quality” of his MOCs, you can’t dispute Jang’s outstanding presentation. He’s got some really top-tier photos (probably thanks to his background in photography) that adds a very professional feel to his MOCs. IMO, it makes even his more mediocre figures look good. Good photography can make a bad MOC look good. Inversely, bad photography can make a good MOC look pretty terrible.

6 Likes

To be fair, JANG was posting BIONICLE MOCs on his blog long before HF was even announced. And even then, why would some backlash from a few bitter BIONICLE fans stop JANG from making videos about a theme he enjoyed?

4 Likes

I prefer Jang’s reviews. He sounds a lot more expressive than Eljay and instead of listing every pro and con the fandom can think of (no, it doesn’t make a review more objective, it just makes it more tiresome, there isn’t such a things as an objective review anyway) he just gives his opinion on a set, which is what I expect from a reviewer.

8 Likes

I have absolutely nothing against Eljay, but I couldn’t agree more with this. Some of the “community cons” sound absolutely ridiculous IMO. I’ve said it before, but this really isn’t a problem with Eljay or his review-style. It’s a problem that stems from the BIONICLE community at large.

5 Likes

Eljay can’t compete with Jang’s swag.

19 Likes

Eljay has a Miru. And whatever this is:

That equals ultimate swag.:dragon_face:

12 Likes

When did Jang ever do that?

1 Like