Eljay vs. Jang's Reviews

Though neither of you are perfect, I will admit that at least you haven’t built a set incorrectly, to my knowledge.

2 Likes

For the lolz, when did Jang do this? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In his latest review, Eljay attached Ekimu’s hammer the wrong way (though he realized his mistake near the end, and I admit, I didn’t notice 'til he mentioned it).

1 Like

Watch his Palace Cinema Review. I’ll have to go back and find his other slip-ups.

Edit: Will take approx. 3-4 days.

3 Likes

And Nuparu Mahri. I connected his tube to the wrong pin hole on his back. Shouldve covered a blue pin, instead I connected it to his air tank. Someone in the comments pointed it out and I fixed it for later.

4 Likes

Okay, you need to understand something. Jang has reviewed about 1,227 LEGO sets. Now, you’re trying to compare that number to @Eljay, who’s reviewing a single Theme. There’s bound to be more slip-ups the more sets you review.

4 Likes

I have to admit, I’ve watched Jang for years, so I might be a little biased. A side note, Jang DOES do the new BIONICLE sets, and does in fact have a large G1 collection ;). What I don’t like about his reviews are that he does very few objective reviews. Mainly, his videos are more of set “displays” rather than reviews, that’s what Eljay does right.

1 Like

I personally prefer him over Eljay, but I’m just saying that he has made very prominent mistakes. If you think that I was using that against Jang, that’s not what I meant. I’ve seen Eljay make mistakes, like when he almost said that Avak’s brown color was new to Bionicle. Objectively, I don’t find either to be better or worse. :smiley:

Eljay because he states the facts and his reviews go more in depth on the products features and pros and cons

Um… Have you seen any of Jang’s reviews?

Jang does the exact same thing.

Jang might not directly say “Pro” and “Con”, but he does point out the positives and the negatives of a set.

1 Like

I think he goes even more in depth about the features than Eljay.

I’m going to post both of their reviews of Tahu 2015 for everyone to base their opinions upon.

4 Likes

Eljay is more entertaining and that’s my opinion so don’t correct me on that too )

2 Likes

Well, you originally stated untruthful facts. What you just said was your own, wonderful opinion. While I might prefer Jang, I understand why people like Eljay more.

4 Likes

Jang:

• Uses a speed build at the beginning
  • High quality background and rotating stand for easy viewing
  • Uses jump cuts
  • Actually talks about how CCBS is good
  • Much more efficient (5:09) review

Eljay:

• Makes a skit for the beginning of the video
  • Includes a current price
  • Sarcastic comments about the box
  • Talks about the combination model

Jang wins

4 Likes

Jang does include Brickset prices in newer reviews.

Jand talk’s about combo models in separate videos.

That being said, I’m really starting to like Eljay more and more. :smiley:

5 Likes

I love watching both of you review…the fact that you review so many older sets is awesome…may times I’ll use it as a reference before I buy a set, actually…You tend to show the functions a little better, while Jang usually explains things more subjectively. I’ll really look forward to seeing some of the Glatorian, since I never bought any!

Jang is a knife-collector confirmed

13 Likes

IIRC, @Eljay might have a few knives as well. But I could be wrong.

1 Like

Yep, he has a short sword, if that counts

(made by me)

10 Likes

Well y’see
Jang’s voice is maybe the smoothest, more calming thing I’ve ever heard. It’s like markiplier became really sleepy and began reviewing kid’s toys. Very relaxing, and very professional. Quick and to the point.

HOOOOOOWEVER

Eljay seems more… into it. He has a bit more personality and the fact he adds in a lot of what the community thinks into his reviews makes him great in his own right. I feel like if Eljay got a clear glass turntable and a totally white room to work in, his reviews would be better just because of his more excited personality and Jang’s lack of it at times.

5 Likes