Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Mary held Melanie tightly as the large alien stood in the doorway. She ran up and hugged its leg, hoping it was here to help.

1 Like

Sarah had made a quick run to the bathroom as she felt sick and needed to throw up.

“Alright…” Leo said. “Daylight get ready.” He said to everyone.

2 Likes

Zorya stared at Mary and was instantly filled with PTSD. From awaking in his pod in the lab beneath Farius prime, to fighting off the flood. Hannah’s face quickly appeared in Zorya’s mind as he felt his skin crawl as she grabbed onto him. He quicklly grabbed his un-activated blade and slowly moved to aim it at Mary.

2 Likes

Mary clenched Zorya’s leg tightly.

“I am grateful for your assistance. We will repay you.” Valiynna said.

1 Like

Sarah came out of the bathroom and headed toward her room. She ran with the tray of food with her. “Mary?” She asked as she saw the door was open. “Mary!?”

2 Likes

Zorya stared at Mary as he slowly sighed and placed the energy sword back unto his belt. No he thought to himself as he looked to her again. “What seems to be the problem here child”

2 Likes

“Do you have a plan or any advise for us on how to get to Mato Mar and silence him?” Catina asked Valiynna.

“And didn’t you say that you were sent on a few assassination missions?” Catina asked Aries over their private com channel. “Me too. Something we have in common.”

1 Like

“I need to find my mommy…” Mary said.

“I do not. This is a desperate move.” Valiynna explained.

“Yeah.” Aries said.

1 Like

Sarah contacted Joanna, Kyanna and Tom. “Have any of you seen Mary!?”

2 Likes

“Go behind enemy lines, snatch someone who looks important, and get them to tell us where Mato is?” Catina asked out loud. “Just to kick around ideas.”

1 Like

Zorya looked around the ship as he saw the chaos around them. “Your mother died a long time ago, that is the harsh truth of reality” Zorya said as he put his hand on her shoulder.
A loud screeching sound was heard from a closed door as sparks emerged from it, Zorya closely examined it before realizing what it was as he backed away. He quickly turned around to pick up Mary and started to run “you must guide me through this ship” he hissed

2 Likes

“O-okay… Who are you?” Mary asked.

Tom’s eyes turned to pinpricks. Sarah didn’t know where his daughter was on this ship. He breathed in and out heavily. Seconds ago he was shouting orders to his crew, Sarah had stopped him midsentence.

“Andy, you have control of the bridge for now. I’ll be back.” Tom said. He dashed down the hall, his heart beating out of his chest. Almost immediately out of the door he engaged several Raptors.

Joanna held Josh tighter at the news, hiding behind Kyanna. “She’s not with us.” Joanna replied.

“Pretty much.” Sky said to Cat

1 Like

“Mary!?” Sarah screamed as she ran around the halls.

1 Like

“We are wasting time then.” Catina replied.

“Valiynna, what is our mode of transportation to wherever we shall soon find ourselves? And would Kay’s fleet be able to serve as a distraction while we sneak into The Black Moon’s territory? Just one of his ships could wreak havok and let us go in unnoticed.”

1 Like

Kyanna had been fighting off some of the attackers as they came by. She stayed silent and focused, the hallway outside of Joanna’s room had turned almost entirely indigo, and the bodies had practically become a new tiling for the floor.

2 Likes

Sarah kept running around and crying. She grabbed her hammer and readied herself for anything. “MARY! MARY!?”

2 Likes

“My name is Zorya” he replied “yours is Mary”

2 Likes

“Yup!” Mary said. “We need to get to the cafeteria… That’s where my mommy should be… She isn’t dead!” Mary said.

Tom finally found Sarah and grabbed her shoulders. “Babe, where was she last?” Tom asked.

A squad of Raptors came upon Zorya, their claws ignited.

Joanna cried and held Josh tightly.

“Communication with the kaidon is patchy at the moment. I will have to call him. But I am sure Kay would rather have his whole fleet dedicated to hunting enemy ships.” Valiynna said.

2 Likes

“She left the room… she-she probably went to the cafeteria.” Sarah cried as she used all her strength to carry her hammer. “Let’s hurry! I-I can’t lose her!”

“When would we be deployed?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

“I can’t either.” Tom said, and noticed the hammer. “Go to Joanna and Kyanna. You shouldn’t be holding that. I’ll bring our baby back.” Tom said.

“Soon, for sure.” Valiynna said

1 Like