Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I’ll send Samuel up to you. Samuel!” Sky shouted. “Go up and find Blake. You’re his new Spotter.” Sky said.

Samuel nodded as he sprinted away.

“Hi.” Sarah waved at Grace.

1 Like

“Ummm okay.” He said stopping to wait for Samuel.

2 Likes

Grace smiled and walked up beside her. “Hello, I’m… I’m g-Grace…” She said

2 Likes

Samuel caught up to Blake. “Nice to meet you Blake.”

“I’m Sarah.” She smiled. “Are you scared?” She asked.

1 Like

Blake nodded. “Same here Samuel, you know how to spot?” He asked beginning to walk again, humming a tune softly.

2 Likes

“Depends upon what you mean by that.” He responded.

Leo quietly walked up to the dead brutes and grunts and picked up one of every weapon they had. He clipped them onto his bag.

1 Like

“Jesus, Leo…your gonna break your back.” Kaitlynn said watching him

“Well do you know what a spotter is?”

1 Like

Leo finally reacted. “Oh… no I’ll be fine. I’ve always trained myself to carry a lot of gear.” He responded.

“Honestly, I don’t.” Samuel said a bit embarrassed.

2 Likes

“Ummm okay.” She said.

Blake sighed and face palmed. “Okay, Samuel…If you don’t feel like you can do this, tell me okay?”

2 Likes

“I can, just tell me what to do.” Samuel said.

Leo sighed as realized he was probably becoming more strange in his team mates’ eyes. He continued to walk and didn’t say a word.

1 Like

Blake hands him a pair of binoculars he had taken off a dead Sniper he came across when finding his team.

“Use these and when you see a covenant tell me there location and if you detect movement tell me or the team.” Blake said. “You got that Samuel?”

2 Likes

“Oh that’s simple, I’ll do that.” Samuel said as he took the binoculars.

1 Like

“Good, I’m counting on you for this Samuel, We’re gonna be high above the team. So don’t worry about getting spotted, because we’re gonna move after every shot.”

2 Likes

Samuel nodded. “Sounds good.”

1 Like

Blake nodded. “Alright, let’s see how good that eye sight of yours is.” Blake said shaking his shoulder.

2 Likes

Samuel peered over the edge. “Nothing yet…” he said looking down the street the ODSTs were walking down.

1 Like

“So you think, always double check and look a lot more carefully. You can sometimes miss something.” He told him, looking over the edge as well.

“You guys see anything down there?”
Blake asked Daylight.

2 Likes

Celosia walked at the back of the group, her weapons still unfired. She clenched her fist, hatred for this new Squad growing.

1 Like

Mariana kept her Visr mode active and her head on a swivel. “So far so good. No patrols to even try to avoid being seen by yet.”

1 Like