Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Mariana had her visor cleared, but that didn’t stop her from moving her eyes to glance at everyone else on the Pelican. Curious if Butch and herself were being judged.

1 Like

Cabis looked at Mariana from his seat in the pelican “the only thing i depise more then humanity is the brutes” Cabis said his tone flat “the prophets may have given the orders but i never saw one raise its weapon and i know for a fact that they did not all support the choice or even know” Cabis growled “i never saw one kill” Cabis said his tone lossing some of its hate and anger as sadness began to creep into his words
He crossed his arms and went quiet

2 Likes

Sky eagerly awaited the opportunity to kill, to get her mind off of things, before private comming Leo. “Hey… After we meet the Arbiter… You should do your thing, wink wink.” Sky said.

1 Like

Kyanna was distracted, admiring the red sky of Sangheilos through the small window in the pelican door

2 Likes

“Talk to her.” Sky said in private to Leo.

2 Likes

“You think I should right now?” Leo asked Sky.

2 Likes

“No, just… Talk. Don’t ask her out yet, wait until we meet the Arbiter… But right now make a casual conversation with her.” Sky said.

2 Likes

“Thanks Sky.” Leo nodded and slowly walked to Kyanna. “I gotta admit, it looks pretty nice.” He said to her as he looked outside.

2 Likes

Sky let a few tears leak down her face as she watched the two, thankful for her helmet.

1 Like

Kyanna wasn’t paying attention to any sound, transfixed by the view.

A woman of over ninty years of age stood alone in a small room, referred to as “the cage”. The floor was made up of steel grates and the walls gave off a white reflective sheen. A large ebony table was in the middle of the room. And on it was a bottle of whiskey with two small glasses next to it.

@Calebmar12

3 Likes

“Before we land, can anyone tell me what the weather on Sangheilios will be like?” Mariana asked everyone on the Pelican.

2 Likes

Kyanna snapped back to reality “oh… Hello Leo…” She said clearing her throat and looking to Mariana “well… It will most likely just be extremely hot… Having three sun’s will do that” she said with a giggle

2 Likes

“So the exact opposite of stepping off an aircraft that few from South America to Alaska?” She asked without thinking that Kyanna might not have heard of South America or Alaska.

3 Likes

“aue?” Was Kyanna’s response

2 Likes

A figure stood his back straight and his uniform spotless. He waited

2 Likes

The doors to the cage opened, inside was the undeniable form of ONI chairman Vice Admiral Margret Parongosky.

1 Like

“o que?” Mariana asked in response.

(o que?, what?)

1 Like

Greg stepped in performing a salute

2 Likes

“at ease” Parongosky said as the doors closed, three distinct clicks we’re heard as the locks fit into their place. “What better a place to meet, then a place that doesn’t exist… Wouldn’t you agree?” Parongosky asked pouring herself a glass of whiskey

Kyanna just looked even more confused

2 Likes

“Hi Kyanna.” Leo said and waited for Kyanna and Mariana to finish their conversation.

2 Likes