Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

The creature pounced her and grabbed ahold of her arm, sinking its teeth deep into her arm and past the armor. Ignoring the gunfire as it barley affected its shell.

“■■■■! KYANNA!” Blake yelled rushing at it with his knife.

3 Likes

Kyanna shouted in pain as she stabbed into the creatures head with her sword

2 Likes

The creature released its grip as it roared in pain, slowly falling over to its death.

Blake grabbed Kyanna and ran like hell with her. As he reached the cliff he looked behind to see a bigger pack chasing them. A large one stood out as it was taller, in fact it was the same size of a human, it was scarred all over with small cracks and small pieces of the shell missing. It had a collar growing out of the shell on the back of the head.

“■■■■ THEY BROUGHT THE ALPHA!” He said throwing Kyanna off the cliff and into the lake jumping as he was the last one to jump. The pack looked down on them and barked vilonelty at them, the alpha bark was louder as it echoed into the air.

2 Likes

Kyanna let out a surprised yell as she was thrown off the cliff

2 Likes

Leo attempted to catch her but failed. He proceeded to help her out of the lake.

Sarah and Samuel waited on the banks, checking their weapons.

2 Likes

“thank you” Kyanna grunted “what were those beasts?”

2 Likes

Kaitlynn swam to shore as Blake followed breathing heavily. “God ■■■■…I…hate…this…place.” He said annoyed standing up slowly.

2 Likes

“I’m not sure…” Leo said. “I just hope they didn’t have some type of poison… Do you want something to wrap your arm?” He asked Kyanna.

2 Likes

"yes I feel that would be wise

2 Likes

“Lucky you, they aren’t poisonous, but their extremely dangerous pack hunters.”

2 Likes

“what are they?”

2 Likes

Sky sighed. “Blake, how do we kill them?” Sky asked.

1 Like

“Delgatos. Their a blind animal, but don’t let that fool you. Remember how I said to stay quiet? That’s because their smelling and hearing it’s the best I’ve ever seen. And they’re smarter than they look.”

He looked over to Sky. “You gotta either crack the armor, which is next to impossible unless you got some serious heavy weaponry or ammo. But their sides are exposed. It’s like hunting a regular animal. And I’m gonna tell you this. Those things aren’t the last of your…” a small bark could be heard coming from the cave nearby as the pack above had left a few seconds ago.

“Oh ■■■■.” He said going towards the cave.

2 Likes

Sky followed, far enough away to easily flank anything that attacked Blake, ready to safeguard him.

1 Like

“the last of our worries? Are there things that are much more dangerous than those?”

2 Likes

“Oh yeah, I used to hunt here all the time. I’ve seen others that make those things look weak.”

He turned the flash light on to the small cave as the bones of small rodents covered the place. The barking kept going but it seemed to happen less as they got close.

“Sky, move left towards that path.” He said pointing to a small path that led to some cover from stalagmites." He continued down the cave as he came to a corner where the barking was originating from. “Sky, get ready to shoot incase anything happens.”

2 Likes

“then let us hope these are the only beasts we encounter”

2 Likes

“I had just discovered four or five shotgun shells to their head will kill one. But that is a given to a lot of living beings in the known galaxy.” Mariana told Sky.

1 Like

“Gotcha.” Sky said

1 Like

“Wouldn’t bet on it. This is the Wildlands, you could walk 5 feet and run into the remains of a group of animals. This planet is a living example the rules of survival. Kill or be killed.”

Blake went radio silent for a second as he checked the sound from where the barking was. He didn’t respond for a few seconds until he came out of the cave. Holding a small Delagto pup in his left arm. It’s armor had been growing out meaning it was only a few months old. It kept smelling Blake, trying to figure out what he was. It showed no signs of hostility but only curiosity.

2 Likes