Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Alright we need to leave this place.” Blake looke up at the sky as he could tells evening would come soon.

“Before night falls…and the rest of the planet comes out to play.”

2 Likes

“Yes. We are in a jungle, and it is getting dark.” Mariana said. “A common theme among different planets, is the wildlife are most active at night.”

1 Like

“Oh no, the planet is mostly active in the day but the real threats come out at night.”

2 Likes

Sarah petted the pup. “It’s cute…” she smiled.

“Is a pelican on its way to pick us up?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

Grace shared the pup, allowing both to cuddle it. Sky rolled her eyes at the two.

1 Like

“Come we need to leave, before the ■■■■ pack finds us.” Blake said checking his ammunition.

2 Likes

Sarah moved Grace and the pup to Sky. “Pet it.” She said as she checked her weapons.

“I agree.” Samuel said.

2 Likes

Sky reluctantly did so. “What should we name him?” Grace asked Sarah. “I was thinking about naming him Pumpkin.”

1 Like

“Grace…He’s gonna be my responsibility he isn’t gonna be no house pet either. I’m gonna train him to be useful in the field. So I’ll think of a name that suits him.”

2 Likes

“Pumpkin?” Grace suggested once more.

1 Like

“I’ll think of something.” He said looking around the area, he caught notice of a large group of vines hanging down from the other side of the cliff.

“There.” He said pointing to it. He walked over and yanked on the vines to test there strength.

“Alright found the way out.” He said motioning for them to come over.

2 Likes

“As long as they aren’t attached to a plant that will try to eat any of us.” Marinana chimed in.

2 Likes

“I’m sure, if it was it would have grabbed me by now.”

2 Likes

“Come on… tell me what’s wrong, Sky.” Sarah said in a private comm.

Leo took out a replacement pieces for Kyanna arm armor. “Want me to swap them for you?”

Samuel made his way to Blake. “I’ll go up first and make sure nothing bad is up there.”

2 Likes

“Leo doesn’t love me.” Sky said simply to Sarah in private.

2 Likes

“Oh… Sky…” Sarah said hugging her. “I’m sorry… but why does it bother you so much? He’s been with Kyanna for 3 months now.”

2 Likes

“Have fun.” Blake said waiting for him to go as Kaitlynn approached him. “Your really keeping that thing?”

“Yup.”

She sighed in annoyance. “Really? It’s a wild animal how do we know it won’t turn back to its basic instincts and kill us all when we sleep!”

“Kaitlynn, think on the old phrase. “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” Well this isn’t an old dog now is it?”

2 Likes

Samuel started to climb the vines.

2 Likes

Blake watched him until he reached the top. “Everything all clear?”

2 Likes

Samuel looked around with his DMR. “Seems so, start sending people up.”

2 Likes