Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Nightstalkers? The ■■■■ are those things?” Blake asked and decided not to say anything about Kyanna knowing Catina was with ONI.

Kaitlynn giggled and climbed into her Colossus staring it up as the cockpit closed and it stood up. She did a quick check on it’s system as it showed it was ready for battle. “I missed this thing!” She shouted in joy.

2 Likes

“Carnivorous plants, like something from a horror movie.” Catina said. “Just like your pet looks like a monster from a horror flick about mutant Armadillos.”

1 Like

“I’ll take the third!” Sarah called out.

2 Likes

“Jäger? He’s a Delgado. And by some chance I would assume you know about his species?” Blake asked her.

“Alright, we’re set Ma’am. Ready for the green light.” Kaitlynn told Sky

2 Likes

“I have encountered them before, but did not know the name of their species.” Catina said. “And I may or may not have been without smoothers too long, and as a result I wanted to fight three of them at once, but while wearing my armor. Punches, kicks, and throwing them for a short while. Until they decided they were going to run away, making sounds that resembled yelps.”

1 Like

“Don’t fight an enemy you know nothing about or you’re gonna get a rude awakening.” Blake said, going back over to the brute.

“So, before she pulled me to the side I don’t know if you heard me, but is their a high enough position for a sniper to be useful.”

2 Likes

Six months ago
Winter sits in his usual haunt, sober however, when a figure strides into the bar. “It’s closed” he mumbles, half asleep.

“I just came to see you” says a familiar voice

“Jessica?” Winter looks up to see his Sister, standing before him in a cargo freighter uniform. “You’re leaving aren’t you?”

“I prefer Jess” She crosses her arms, “And I can’t just sit around doing nothing, I need to go places, see things” she turns away, “Good bye Winter”

3 Likes

“It seems that was a two way street, when I went too long without the chemicals that keep me from turning into a vicious animal, and I apparently did not like those Delgato’s attitude.”

1 Like

“yes i am… Extremely familiar with that planet… It is my home… Where I was raised” Kyanna said as she checked her weapons

2 Likes

Leo nodded in agreement. “I kinda want to visit it someday.” He chimed in.

2 Likes

“as much as I miss it I do not think I can return… I do not know how they would react”

2 Likes

“Just keep your helmet on the whole time.” Leo suggested.

2 Likes

“I… Still think it is too soon… I am not ready for it yet…”

2 Likes

“I meant someday in the future.” Leo said. “Maybe in a few years.”

2 Likes

“perhaps… When I am ready”

2 Likes

Grace climbed into a Colossus.

1 Like

“I’ll be here whenever you decide to go.” Leo said with a smile underneath his helmet.

2 Likes

She smiled as well

2 Likes

Sarah climbed into the other collossus. “I’m ready to go.”

“Anyone need ammo?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

“Get me as much sniper rifle ammo I can get. I’m gonna be sniping.” Blake said

2 Likes