Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Understood” Kiana said as she got out of the area, ending up on the other side of the battle from the rest of daylight

2 Likes

Sarah stayed close to Kiana. Grace likely followed.

2 Likes

Terramus and his brutes do not hear Catina, because one, The brutes don’t have comms, and two, terramus just doesn’t like her that much.

2 Likes

“■■■■■■■ hell.” Kaitlynn said. “They’re gonna rain hell on us if we don’t do something quick.”

2 Likes

“we need to get to the others” Kiana said

2 Likes

Sarah nodded. [We’ce got your back.]

“It’s nice… isn’t it…” Leo said.

2 Likes

“then let’s go” Kiana said

“it is… i thought i would never see gahlogali’s night sky again” Kyanna said

2 Likes

Sarah nodded as she held her hammer.

“Well… I’m glad I can see it as well…” Leo said.

2 Likes

Twin bombers covered their retreat into the second level of Fiirgard. The Brutes easily shot down one, while the other swung around and returned. At first the buildings seemed normal, but they became very run down and dilapidated looking.

Delovo drummed his fingers on the controls of the Mammoth. Twelve of his tank’s crew had been killed, although they were the contingent of Marines aboard the tank.

2 Likes

Spetz kept running until he was stopped by the marines holding the second level
“What’s the rush?!” Shouted the marine as he tried to slow him down
"There’s a-…there’s a scarab that broke down the wall! Get out of my way! Spetz said as he started to push the marine aside.
“What are you talking about! Someone took it down see for yourself!” The marine said trying to turn Spetz around.
Spetz turns around to see the scarab collapse on the floor
“Oh…” Spetz said reluctantly
“I’ve been trying to tell you this since 30 seconds ago!” Alice shouted in his helmet

2 Likes

Catina made her way to the second level of Fiirgard, and assumed that Beth had followed her. And Catina also wondered if Terramus had either been killed by the bombers, or had chosen to join the other side in this battle.

“Now.” Catina said. “Do we have any medics available? A plasma turret got me pretty good.” She added, pointing to the hole in her armor, and also the now missing skin and muscle where the plasma rounds hit her, that had also made two of her ribs visible,

“There is a chance this wound goes beyond just spraying biofoam on it. And little by little, the list of reasons we need a flash cloner or two will continue to grow.”

1 Like

“I-I c-can help…” Ana said over comms. “Sk-Sky… t-take me to her…”

2 Likes

“How close are you?” Kaitlynn asked her over the comm

2 Likes

Catina highlighted a waypoint for everyone to see on their hud.

1 Like

Sky hugged Ana. “No… You need to stay nice and safe from all risks…”

1 Like

Kaitlynn made her way over to Catina, seeing that Sky’s over-motherly passion was stopping Ana from doing her ■■■■■■■ job.

2 Likes

“Plasma burns.” Catina said as she sat propped up against a wall. “So this is what they feel like.”

1 Like

“Sk-Sky… it’s my job… I need to go to g-go…” Ana said.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn reached Catina as she began to examine her wounds. “What does what feel like?” She asked hearing Catina comment at the last second.

2 Likes

“A very bad burn…” Catina answered. As plasma burns go beyond third degree burns,

“And I was able to see two of my own ribs, but it’s apparent my lung had not had a hole burned in it.”

1 Like