Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Maybe one of the rooms. Nobody is occupying them I believe.” Catina said to Ana. “And perhaps we could help ourselves to the cafeteria’s food, or some vending machines.”

1 Like

“Stairs are blocked, clearing them now” Jess responds, clearly exerting herself

2 Likes

“Roger that, if you need assistance I’ll send someone over to…” Blake saw movement In the streets as he readied his sniper. “Jess, we might have company.”

3 Likes

“Copy that, I just have one more piece to…” Jess trails off, and there is an audible clicking of a pistol’s hammer. “Don’t move” a male voice says

2 Likes

“Jess…Jess, everything okay?” He asked.

2 Likes

Ana nodded and found an empty room, “I’ll be right back.”

2 Likes

“uhhh, I think I have company here too” She says, raising her hands.

2 Likes

“Stay with me Jess.” He said quietly and calmly before addressing the voice. “Who are you?” Blake asked the voice.

2 Likes

“None of your f*cking business” The voice spits back, “I’m just passing through, but I could use some food rations”

2 Likes

“Funny, we need the same thing.” Blake said chuckling.

2 Likes

“This girl’s wearing an ODST rig, You guys UNSC?” The Voice questions

2 Likes

“No…we’re LR. Listen, let her go. If we got a problem I’ll settle it.”

3 Likes

“Who the hell are the LR? I think we’ll be keeping your friend as collateral, make sure no one tries to knife me in the back as I go through here. You understand?” He pauses “Come on girl, let’s move”

two sets of footsteps can be heard, then three, and then a scrabble of claws.

2 Likes

“Jäger, Findin Jess.” Blake said on a comm channel dedicated to Jäger. Jäger head perked up and he began sniffing the area, he picked up three unknown scents, and stood up quickly running out the door to find Jess.

“You think that’s gonna happen?” He asked the man.

2 Likes

“What I do know, is if someone tries opposing my passage through, your friend will be minus her cerebral cortex”

2 Likes

“Listen here. You don’t know what your going up against. And I’m not letting you take Jess to be some god knows what. Now, here’s what’s gonna happen. You’re gonna give her back and your gonna go through anyway. If you’re not a brute then we won’t have a problem. I don’t need to waste my ammo on scavengers if I don’t have too.”

2 Likes

“Jess huh? pretty name, now, something tells me you have feelings for this ‘Jess’ would that be an accurate assumption?”

Jess keeps waking, trying to look behind her to see who was making the other footsteps, all she sees are shadows being cast

2 Likes

"She’s my teammate and friend. I wanna know that she’s okay, put her on. “If she is hurt in anyway…Fate will give you something worse than hell.”

Jäger got closer to scents as he slowed down and stopped, sniffing again. He was near them, but not close enough to be heard. He had to be careful, He knew that three unknown scents mixed with one known scent meant it had to be hostage situation, something that took him the longest to learn.

2 Likes

“If you want to speak with her, then do so” Suddenly Blake begins receiving feed from Jess’ helmet camera, she is walking along down the hallway, worried, but not scared.

The scrabbling claws stop, and a slight flicking is heard, short, wet, and raspy

2 Likes

Jäger turns to the sound and sniffs again. The smell it was…almost like his own.

“You hear me Jess?” He asked.

2 Likes