Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Jess slowly nods, “Feeling a little short”

Suddenly a pistol hovers into view, “Quiet, the less he knows about me, the better chance you have of surviving”

2 Likes

“Jess just stay with me.”

Blake switches to frequency 1 where only Daylight would pick it up. “Guys, Jess for nabbed by some scavengers. Jäger is pursuing her now, I’m gonna need your help.” He says, Turning back to Jess channel. “Alright, what the hell do you want for her safe return?”

2 Likes

Catina heard this, and touched Ana’s wrist to stop her patching up Catina’s wound for the time being. Catina put her helmet on, and peeked outside the door down both ends of the hallway. “I do not see anyone. Do you have any idea where Jess is being held?” Catina asked Blake over frequency 1."

1 Like

Blake sent everyone on Daylight, except Jess, Jägers cam and motion tracker feed to their HUD.

2 Likes

“Safe passage, food, and ammo; Assault rifle, and SMG” the figure holding Jess’ helmet stops, and looks back to a dark shape, that is suddenly rigid, “What is it Girl? More brutes? Or are they violating my terms?”

2 Likes

“Jäger, return.” Blake said to his private comm as he backed off and retreated, luckily avoiding being noticed.

■■■■. They got an animal with them. he thought.

“I can offer you the ammo and guns, but food and passage is gonna be a problem.” He said. Wait a sec…IFF, ■■■■ I forgot those existed. he thought, turning on the scan to find Jess’s IFF tag.

2 Likes

“They don’t like me picking up strays” Lobster said, shrugging “Especially after the last time”

2 Likes

“I promise not to try anything!” Bridget said.

Sky waved back to Ana, and then waited. Aries found food with Catina.

1 Like

Ana followed behind Catina with her pistol ready.

2 Likes

Catina and Aries had found a snack bar, and some vending machines. Catina merely ripped the vending machine open, and started throwing the various snacks inside a bag she pulled from behind the snack bar’s counter.

“Blake, I found some food. How and where does this guy want it delivered to him?”

1 Like

“I’m not sure yet, but keep your distance, they’re still in the building as far as i know right now. I’ll update you guys when I get more info.”

“Alright, guess you got a lucky break. we found some food, so i guess add that to your ■■■■ list.” Blake told the stranger.

2 Likes

“Good to hear” Lobster said.

Santiago and Spanner returned from the map, and began walking.

2 Likes

“Uh, they don’t talk much, huh?” Bridget asked nervously

1 Like

“I’ll be on standby then.” Catina said as she took the bag full of vending machine snacks meant for Jess’s hostage takers, and returned to the room her and Ana had been in, to finish patching up her wound.

1 Like

“Don’t expect to give them over though, we’re gonna see if we can ambush them first.”

3 Likes

“Much obliged” The man says trying to play it off cool, but unable to hide the genuine relief that washed over his voice.

2 Likes

“Santiago calls it professional etiquette, Spanner just doesn’t like talking” Lobster answered.

2 Likes

He only grunted in response, tracking Jess IFF tag. “Now. how are we gonna play this out? Because, you’re not doing this in secrecry, you’re gonna be where we can see you and you can see us.” he said, an idea forming in his head.

2 Likes

“Sounds reasonable, I suppose, this is a hospital isn’t it? I’ll head to the ER”

2 Likes

“Understood, see you there.” Blake said cutting the frequency for now.

“Daylight, they’re heading for the ER…I need someone to bring AR and SMG ammo, Catina meet me down their with some of the food.” he said heading for the ER room. He saw Jäger returning to him and he whistled for him to come to his side. “Come on boy, we’re gonna wrap this up.”

2 Likes