Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Would you have still been sad about getting rejected?” Ana asked her.

Samuel walked into the water. “It’s rather nice.”

2 Likes

“Hmmm?” She asked, not hearing him.

2 Likes

“Yeah… I’m…” Grace said the next part too softly to be even barely audible.

Aries nodded. “That’s the one, yes.”

“Yes… I’d be very heartbroken.” Sky said.

2 Likes

Ana hugged Sky tightly. “I’m glad I’m here…”

Sarah yawned and looked down at Grace. [Oh I promised Grace I’d swim with her. I’ll see you later.] she sighed before running off and tuning to Grace. She waved at her frantically.

“The water is nice.” Samuel repeated.

1 Like

“Yeah, feels like the beaches i would go to as a kid…minus Daylight.” She said. If Daylight wasn’t here and Blake was, I bet I could actually feel like a kid again. She thought. looking up into the skys. We’ll be home soon to see you again…maybe for good. She thought.

2 Likes

“I would also wonder about any other outer colonies, that have strong anti-UNSC sentiments.” Catina said and took another sip from her drink. “This sure does have a kick, to it, even mixed with non-alcoholic stuff.”

1 Like

“This is probably the second or third time I come to a beach…” Samuel said. “Daylight is full of very… interesting people.”

1 Like

“Tom, we’re home.” A Spartan in Gungnir GEN 1 reported. Tom stepped on deck to join him.

“Andy, it’s nice to see you as always.” Tom said.

“Likewise, Captain. Incoming transmission, probably Samantha for you.” Andy said, and left. The Captain stared into a holographic projection.

“There’s new holes in your ship. Explain.” A woman ordered. She was old enough to be his mother.

“Well… You see, after the raid, we lost our drive… We were drifting for years until we found a Covenant controlled planet. We suffered heavy casualties but we managed to collect a couple slipspace drives’ worth of parts. We can start that fleet you wanted.” Tom said.

“Casualties?” The projection of Samantha removed her glasses.

“Do you want names, or a number?” Tom asked, not letting her answer. “We lost 59 in combat. Reginald 3652, Delilah 2877, Carson 4690, Christina 3101, Jarrod 0787, Drake 4355,-” Tom was interrupted.

“No need to continue. Report to my office at once.” Samantha said softly.

“Captain Andrade, Farius Prime has reported an attack, and has sent out a wide range distress call to anyone. Prepare to leave by tomorrow.” Jasper commed her.

“Yeah…” Aries began being incredibly over affectionate toward Cat.

“So am I…” Sky said as she took Ana to her bed.

1 Like

“Which isn’t the kind I don’t wanna be around with…Samuel, what would you do if you could leave now and go live your life?” She asked, pulling herself up from the water.

1 Like

“What did you say?” Spetz asked Grace

1 Like

“I don’t really know… probably find a quiet place to live and find a way to make a living.” Samuel responded.

Sarah hugged Grace.

Ana smiled up at Sky and yawned.

1 Like

“Do we still have business to attend to Admiral, other than Fireteam Daylight being on the surface?” Captain Andrade asked Admiral Jasper.

“It may take some time, but I would like to try visiting different places. Although all the work here with the LR takes precedence.” Catina told Aries.

1 Like

“Don’t we all?” she giggled.

2 Likes

“Kinda scared of naked people…” Grace said, blushing.

Sky brought Ana to bed. “Tired?” She asked.

“Just have your division prepared to move out by noon tomorrow.” Jasper said.

“Indeed.” Aries said.

1 Like

“Um…let’s go back I guess” Spetz headed to the water

2 Likes

“Probably…” Samuel answered.

Ana had fallen asleep already.

Sarah let go of Grace and awkwardly stood there.

2 Likes

“Yes sir!” Captain Andrade answered. “Perhaps sooner if possible?”

1 Like

Grace awkwardly stared at Sarah before following Spetz.

Sky smiled and laid with Ana by her side.

“Yes indeed.” Jasper said.

1 Like

Sarah looked at Grace walk away and teared up. She quickly ran away and found a place to cry by herself.

3 Likes

“Poor Sarah.” Kaitlynn said, watching her, before Going to follow her. “Sarah?” She asked catching up.

2 Likes