Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Come on Sarah, just stick with me.” She said offering her hand to help her up.

2 Likes

Sarah shook her head. “I’m okay… I’ll stay here…”

2 Likes

“Sarah…please, you don’t gotta say anything, but I don’t wanna leave you alone, not right now at least. I know I’m sounding like Sky, but right now, stick with us.”

2 Likes

Sarah nodded and stood up. She followed her.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn walked with Sarah to the rest of Daylight. “How is Sky?” She asked them.

2 Likes

“unless we were too late she should still be alive” Kyanna answered

Kiana looked to Sarah “now that we don’t need to worry as much… are you ok?” she asked in a private comm

“well then are we finally going to see captain four jaws then?” Beth said

2 Likes

Sarah shook her head at Kiana.

2 Likes

“do you need someone to talk to?” Kiana asked her

2 Likes

Sarah didn’t respond and kept going with the group.

2 Likes

i’ll just leave her alone then. Kiana thought

2 Likes

Sarah quietly walked over to Kiana and hugged her without warning. She didn’t let go.

2 Likes

Kiana paused for a moment, and then hugged Sarah. yeah… she needs this right now… Kiana thought “you guys go ahead, we’ll catch up” she said

2 Likes

Sarah held Kiana close and began to cry.

2 Likes

Catina gave Aries a quick kiss, then they wandered through the ship a little, until going uphill eventually lead them to the bridge.

“Ah there you are.” Catina said, seeing Nos seated in his new chair. “Since we may very well have a shorter lifespan than we’d prefer, and since none of your fellow crew members from The Shadow of Qikost are here, I’ll say something on their behalf. Kay Nos Valium.” Catina said, and she threw in her best impression of Kay Nar Valium’s laugh.

1 Like

Spetz kept to himself, he felt like he was gonna explode, and it didn’t help the fact that those creatures were in the ship with him
I feel like we are being hunted Spetz thought as he nervously looked up at the roof and the surrounding walls

2 Likes

“Your first time in a former Covenant Cruiser?” Catina asked Spetz. “If so, then I might start feeling like I am getting old.”

3 Likes

For a split second Nos looked ready to leap out of the chair and snap Catina’s neck, but instead he calmed himself and stepped out of the chair “please do not call me that” he said before clearing his throat… “Now that you are all here… or most of you at least… You should all know that according to the navigation data… we are in another part of the galaxy entirely”

4 Likes

“So we are a long way from any familiar faces. Except if you count Cabis and Sordid.” Catina said.

1 Like

Kaitlynn stayed with the two. Seeing they were her probably some of her only friends in this god forsaken hell hole. “Kiana, you wanna help set up a memorial when we get back to the ship?” She asked her on a private comm.

2 Likes

“yeah, i’ll help with that” Kiana answered

“indeed” Leygall said “it will take months for us to get back to LR space… we will need to ration what food and water we have in order to survive the trip… on top of that i will need the help of all of you just to be able to keep this sip running, i believe almost every hurogok is dead… except this one” Nos said

“months to get back… oh dear i hope Stormy will be okay” Kyanna said quietly

Beth heard Kyanna and looked at her confused “who the hell is Stormy?” Beth asked

“Fruqo’t you heard that” Kyanna said as she cleared her throat “Stormy is my cat… she was given to me as a gift around the time we joined the LR…”

“what the hell is a cat?” Beth asked

“an animal from the human home world they keep as pets” Kyanna said

“oh okay” Beth said as she looked back to Leygall

2 Likes