Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Alex walked to Kyanna “im going to need your help”

2 Likes

“with what?” Kyanna asked

2 Likes

“i dont want those creatures to leave the system, your going to help me kill them” Alex said grimly

2 Likes

“ah i see you beat me to that part” leygall said chuckling

Kyanna nodded “very well” she said

2 Likes

“How many people do you need to help with that?” Catina asked, glancing back and forth between her shotgun, and the staff of her Corpsemaker that was stuck to her back.

1 Like

“i wouldnt mind having a spartan with me, better to over prepare then under prepare” Alex said looking to Catina. “we should get moving now”

2 Likes

“understood” Kyanna said

2 Likes

“Lead the way Sir.” Catina said.

1 Like

Alex began to lead the two down corridors until they came to a locked door. “ready?” He said looking to the two and readying his weapon

2 Likes

“Yes” Kyanna said raising her weapon in preparation

2 Likes

Sky would remain asleep for a month.

“Cat, one day, I want to rob a bank.” Aries said. “And no, Beth, this is Cat.” Aries pointed to Catina.

Tom walked through the halls, garnering the attention of many other soldiers, and the occasional Spartan. Though many of their number had been aboard the Dark Star, a counter measure acted as Samantha’s personal contingency force if Highland Station was to come under attack.

Spartan Eren braced himself for what he was about to do, nervous about being around the Vulcans for too long, and decided to walk into their sanctum within the Dark Star. An honor guard stood straight, causing a uniform clang as their hammers collided with the floor. Eren took brief glances at them as he approached a Vulcan seated in a chair. The Gungnir armor sported threatening horns upon the helmet, and the bright orange was joined with a pale white, both colors blackened by war.

“Officer Ambrose, I’m here to ask you if you’d like to test something on a prototype launcher. Andy finished a very bare bones version before he left for Highland.” Eren squeaked.

Finally, Tom and his two companions arrived at Samantha’s office. He knocked, but the door opened to reveal her sitting calmly in her chair at the end of the room, turned to look out the window. Snow and ice coated the buildings in this complex, and the rest of the city. Having no star to be spoken of did that. Fortunately, heat was in no short supply.

She hugged a picture to her chest, and placed it back upon her desk. Within the small frame was who we all know as Grace and Beth. She then turned to face them. Her greying blonde hair showed her age, as well as her thin glasses that rested upon her nose.

“Captain Tom, what took you so long?” Samantha asked in a soft motherly tone.

“General Hunter, our slipspace drive failed, we had to drift to the nearest system, which lucky for us was populated. We laid siege to a Covenant spaceport and stole their slipspace drives, with heavy casualties. I wish we had better news, but we have multiple extra slipspace drives that our men died to retrieve.” Tom said.

“We will hold a memorial service in the morning. I want to speak about your next assignment, which is to head to Kholo, but I will have the Dark Star in the best shape we can put her in before then.”

“Why Kholo, ma’am?” Tom asked.

“After analyzing some data, it seems there is something there that we need to have an edge on the Covenant. Something decently big. I’ll tell you later. Oh! And what is Ruby’s status? I tried to prolong her life, but I’m not sure how long she has left.” Samantha said.

“Ruby is fine, don’t worry.” Tom said.
“Okay, well, dismissed. I’m gonna analyze the logs and I’ll summon you back if I have questions or concerns.” Samantha said.

“Yes ma’am.” Tom said, and left.

3 Likes

Catina sent Aries a private com. “Maybe. Or maybe we could find something more lucrative. A criminal group perhaps, they might be pushovers compared to two Spartans, and wouldn’t go to the authorities if they were robbed.”

Catina walked with Alex and Kyanna. Then she readied her Corpsemaker, and checked the status of her Bubbleshield with her HUD. "Ready. She said.

1 Like

The door slowly slid open and the six creatures lept out towards them.
The armoured one flew into Kyanna and knocked her down while it wildly waved what looked like a sword around.

two jumped on Catina

three jumped onto Alex, the of them smashing its fist into his helmet, breaking his visor.

2 Likes

Kyanna tried her hardest to fight back, she couldn’t grab her sword hilt because of the creature, so instead she tried bashing it with the butt of her gun to get it off of her

2 Likes

Catina fell backwards as the two creatures lept onto her, and she reacted by trying to block them with the staff of her Corspemaker, and putting all her strength into rolling backwards and haphazardly landing on her feet.
Then she used her thrusters to quickly move diagonally away from them. And she pointed her Corpsemaker at the closest one, stunning it and pulling it onto her weapon, which she followed up by tossing it onto the ground and kicking it in it’s open mouth.

1 Like

Sordid walked towards Cabis “are we really letting the humans go?”
“I bloody fate awaits them and the rest of there incompetent race. And I Cabis Inheritor of all things forgotten will send them to it” Cabis said proudly “allow them to leave, this shield world will act as my command station”
Sordid nodded and began to walk away
“wait” Cabis said raising one hand and looking to Sordid.
Sordid stopped mid-stride and slowly turned to look at Cabis.
“When they leave, lock this world. Then you will start to eradicate all these creature who have taken up residence here”

As the LR ship left the shield world its huge entrance slowly closed, sealing away those inside perhaps forever.

The creature looked down at her, the emotions on what could be seen on its face were unrecognisable. It plunged its sword into her side and loud roars could be heard coming from its back tank.

Its mouth cracked as its arms shot out grabbing her leg “THUMP THUMP THUMP” interrupted by a “DRROOOOOOOO” came echoing from its back device, and soon the other creature that had been targeting Catina came running on all fours. It lept towards her pushing her to the ground, it wrapped its hands around her helmet and started to try smashing it into the ground.

Alex roared in pain as one of the three creatures on him ripped his arm free from its socket, blood spilled out onto the floor.

4 Likes

Kyanna gasped for breath as the creature stabbed her, she slowly raised her rifle and held down on the trigger until the clip was empty, trying to shoot the creature off of her

2 Likes

Leo put Sky down. “In going to go help them… all of you stay with her.” He said.

Sarah wasn’t moving away from Kiana.

2 Likes

the creature gave another roar as it stood up, getting off her, goopy white blood dribbling out of its body.

1 Like

Kyanna attempted to reach for the blade to pull it out, she grabbed it with both hands and slowly started to pull it out, cutting her fingers in the process, she barely moved it before she passed out. Her helmet hit the floor with a loud thud.

2 Likes