Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I am better off than Scarlett and Sovekus, and can afford to wait outside for other medics.” Catina told Kaitlynn before she walked off the Pelican, and stood waiting for more medics to arrive.

1 Like

“We all have to go soon, Sky.” Ana said to the group.

Sarah checked Mary’s head for any cuts or bruises. “You’re okay.” She samiked giving her a hug.
Leo pulled Hermes’s chip out hand gave it back to Catina. “Thank you.”

2 Likes

“You’re welcome.” Catina replied as she inserted Hermes’ chip into her helmet… “If only we could get to the bottom of how that filth on The Dark Star III gained control of The LR, and who she is…”

1 Like

Mary held Sarah tightly, and got Melanie from her bag.

Joanna was right there to hug Blake.

“So, you’re done hitting me now?” Tom asked Sky as they got on the Pelican. He flinched when Sky pulled him into a warm hug. He hesitantly hugged back.

1 Like

Mariana gave Mary a quick hug as she held onto Sarah. “I’ll see you later, ok?” She asked Mary before leaving the Pelican.

Mariana then left the Pelican, and saw Catina waiting her turn for the medics to look at her.

“Catina! Você ok?!” Mariana asked as she rushed to Catina’s side.

“Sim Mamae.” Catina answered.

(“Catina! You ok?!” and “Yes Mother.”)

1 Like

“What about Nos?” Ana asked as she went into the pilot’s seat.

2 Likes

“Good to hear Then.” Kaitlynn said as she walked over to Scarlett and Sovekus.

“Joanna, hey, we can talk later. Right now we need your help.” He said leading her to Daylight.

2 Likes

Sarah hugged Mary and Melanie tightly. “I hope you’re never put in so much danger again.” She cried into her.

Leo looked at his data pad and sighed.

1 Like

“Once i am done here i will find my own way to you Sky” Leygall said as he looked to her, there was a few second of pause before he spoke again “stay safe” he said kindly as he turned his revenant and lead his group away.

Kyanna moved towards the mountain which Sotuv keep was carved within, she had an idea to deal with the scarabs. are you sure about that? a voice in Kyanna’s head said. It freaked her out and made her jump momentarily as she looked around for the source, thinking it was from somewhere else.

there is no one around me so where did that come from? that was not from me… She thought confused as she kept moving.

"you would be correct that was not from you*. the voice said again, this time audibly. A small screen appeared on the left side of Kyanna’s hud, showing a dark red holographic Sangheili “i am your AI, Kel.” he said

“the doctor did not tell me i had a construct in my armor” Kyanna said as she made it to the mountain and started to climb.

“the doctor did not have time to inform you of everything i am afraid, regardless i know full well what your armor is capable of, and i have read your file, you are interesting to say the least.”

“is now really the time for this conversation?” Kyanna said

“yes because i do not want you to do something that could be severely detrimental to your health” Kel said

“maybe you did not read the part of my file where it says that is almost everything i do” Kyanna said giggling.

“i did, i am just concerned, whether you enjoy pain or not your body has limits, impressive limits but limits nonetheless.”

“and now my limitations would only be higher, so why are you making this a big deal?”

“because this is your first time operating your armor, and you are still not used to your augments, your current limits are yet to be discovered and you should proceed with caution.” Kel said

“you make a good point but” Kyanna made it to the top of the mountain “now is not the time for this conversation, let us focus on defending my home before you start acting like my mother” Kyanna said as she prepared herself, seeing one of the scarabs had forcefully approached past Damo’s forced. Kyanna sprinted as fast as she could and at the last second leaped into the air. She readied her thrusters and flew down towards the scarab with incredible speed, a surge of adrenaline like she had never felt before ruhing through her body as she ground pounded into the top of the scarab. “is that how cat feels all the time? no wonder she acts cocky, i feel powerful” she said as she looked to the large dent she made upon impact, she grabbed one of the loosened panels and forcefully pried it aside, making a hole large enough for her to fit through.

“your exhaust build up is already greatly high” Kel said.

“then it is time to test this out” Kyanna said fitting through the hole and seeing the crew of the scarab unprepared for her, she flicked her wrists in their direction and unleashed a wave of hell fire upon them. it dropped a large group’s shields and the flames blinded them, giving Kyanna enough time to quickly pull her sword from her hip and cut the crew apart. She smiled, she never had this much power before and it was intoxicating. She moved to the scarab control screen and cracked her neck.

“i know what you are thinking, you need to-”

“i know how to operate a scarab” Kyanna cut Kel off and pointed the scarab to the other one, after a few moments of charging it’s massive green laser fired, melting a large hole in the other scarab, severely damaging it and making a window for Damo’s forced to kill the crew. “this is amazing” Kyanna said happily

“do not get too worked up, you will lose focus” Kel said

“right… i need to stay focused… but now i at least understand why daylight seems to be unable to” she said giggling. as she had the scarabs secondary gun fire at the second scarab as her scarabs main gun was too damaged to fire again.

3 Likes

Ana nodded and looked at who was in the pelican. “We have a lot of space, maybe we can take some supplies with us.” She said.

2 Likes

Joanna nodded, raising her staff.

Tom kept hugging Sky, the entire way back from the Dark Star. They left Nos behind to find his own way out after his constant insisting he could.

“He wanted to stay behind… Come here.” Sky wrapped her into the hug…

“I can’t feel my face.” Tom said absentmindedly.

The appearance of Scarabs demanded a retreat, at this range they were too far to be affected by Sotuv’s primary defenses. The genetically modified Sangheili, each a demigod in their own right, held their ground. The Brother Major of each squad stabbed a flag into the ground at their position, as the Scarabs dropped warriors. The first of the Black Moons assault consisted of nothing more than flak creatures that acted as a means of disorienting the enemy. One squad on the northeast side of the island knew they would be cut off for most of the battle, and that if they lived to see the end of it, they would be the last to stop fighting. Their armor endured against many cuts, blows, and scratches. What they took in damage, they unleashed a hundredfold against the enemies of Sotuv Keep. The energy pikes some carried cleaved through entire scores of the flak creatures. It wasn’t enough, they would keep coming in greater number. Firing at them before they could touch the very sand itself was the fuel rifles they wielded, which accomplished tenfold what their pikes could. Cylinders the size of a Sangheili’s hand soared through the battle from one such rifle, cutting through one of the flak creatures’ chests, coming out the other side, and finally exploding once it embedded itself in the next.

“K-kyanna, I’m still trying on those weapons… I’m giving you everything I have in my lab… I have… Jesus, this thing is old. It’s been sitting here for months at least.” He crammed a Falcon grenade launcher into the pod, which had a long belt of grenades attached. “I-it’ll be tough to attach, I have a prototype jetpack here…” Glasgow heard alarms going off. “Sh*t, Kyanna, the station is moving off course. They’re gonna try and crash it. I’ll see if I can stop them. This pod should land a ways off from your position.” Glasgow explained, firing the pod of weapons.

1 Like

Ana took the pelican back towards the ship. She landed in the hangar and ran out to check on everyone. “Who do I help?” She said.

Sarah looked at Tom and Sky and smiled momentarily as she remembered how Samuel would get annoyed by her hugs.

2 Likes

“Ana, help me with Scarlett, Joanna help with him.” She said Pointing to Sovakus.

2 Likes

“understood doctor” Kyanna said

“oh gods do you really think this is a good idea?” Kel said as Kyanna’s scarab began marching towards the other one.

“yes i do” Kyanna said as she ran up to the core, leaving the scarab to continue to march itself towards the other one as she placed a breaching charge on the scarab’s core

“fine then i will handle the detonation, for now run for the pods doctor Glasgow has sent to you” Kel said.

“i can… okay… this will take some adjusting to” Kyanna said as she jumped off of her scarab and front flipped through the air, she landed feet first in the sand of the beach and made her way to the drop zone of the pod.

“indeed it will, now you have to work as a team with me while simultaneously working as a team with daylight, a monumental task, how your other companions deal with it is unknown to me”

“perhaps their AI’s are more basic compared to you then” Kyanna said

“possibly, or the others have already lost a large portion of their sanity so they are able to deal with it easily” Kel joked

“that may be the case as well” Kyanna said giggling as the pod landed, she grabbed the jetpack and put it on, her armor as quick as she could, then grabbed the grenade launcher. She took it and moved as fast as she could towards the cliff side, the foliage and height would provide her an advantageous position. She saw her scarab’s legs get disabled by the other before it had the chance to make it to the other one “oh well so much for that plan” she said as she watched the downed scarab explode as the charge on it’s core detonated.

3 Likes

As the waited in the hangar together. Catina noticed Mariana still carried Winter’s Shotgun.

“So, you are still carrying that guys weapon?” Catina asked, and let a short, evil laugh escape her lips. Then she cleared her throat and composed herself.

1 Like

“Mommy, can we cuddle?” Mary asked, frightened.

Joanna focused on healing Sovekus first, he would take a long time.

“We have the flash cloner and other things.” Tom said. His men died to get it.

Tom was picked up by Sky and brought to Joanna.

1 Like

Blake watched as he took his arm off and looked at it. “Gonna take months to fix most likely.” He sighed.

2 Likes

Tom glanced to Mary and Sarah, happy to see they were safe.

“We have time.” Joanna said.

“O que?” Mariana asked Catina as she tilted her head slightly. Not sure what that was all about.

Catina quickly changed the subject. “Just to ask.” Catina said to Tom over the coms “Was anyone able to find and capture a Huragok? Just one could create a lot more, and they’d be invaluable for repairing ships, armor, etc.”

1 Like

Sarah hugged her tightly. “I’m here for you.”

Ana went to help Scarlett.

2 Likes