Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“We’ll worry about that later, just focus on helping everyone out.” He said.

Kaitlynn began to work as best as he could on Scarlett. “We’re gonna need to get her some casts.”

2 Likes

Sarah picked Mary up and went over to Tom. “What’s wrong?” She asked him.

2 Likes

The vulcans retreated to their secret clubhouse.

“What happened to hating Brutes?” Nora asked, lounging on a couch.

“I don’t really know.” Ambrose answered. He removed his helmet, and looked down “We have fought them for so long… I just moved without thinking.”

“He did save that Spartan, while he had a giant hole though his body. I’ve never seen a brute act so honourably” Baldrich said thoughtfully.

Ambrose grunted.

Scarlett had become entirely unconscious, as her hive of armour was peeled away. Both of her legs and left arm were broken in several places, alongside several ribs.

Sovekus barely clung to life as Johanna began work.

The young officer who had the responsibility of handling Weapon C looked over the crippled mech. He picked up a clipboard, and began surveying the damage. Points of failure were taken down, and potential improvements were noted. Such an embarrassing failure of his weapon would not be tolerated, this he would make sure of.

3 Likes

“Ana, go alert the medics to prepare surgery…we might need to fix some internal wounds.” Kaitlynn said squinting her eyes at Joanna staff. What the ■■■■ is that? In fact…what the ■■■■ are you? She Thought, questioning how some girl had this magic staff and knew how to use it.

3 Likes

“Hermes.” Catina said. “Can you give me a rough estimate of how long this biofoam will last before it degrades?” She asked.

“Oh and Leo.” Catina said to him over the coms. “While I may need a little time to be patched up. I shouldn’t be down too long, should you wish to gather people to find Kyanna. And she had gone to the planet she grew up on, didn’t she?”.

1 Like

Leo nodded. “I’ll keep trying to get in contact with her before I do anything.”
“Probably an hour… maybe more maybe less.” Hermes said.

Ana nodded and ran off.

Sarah kept hugging Mary and waiting for Tom to answer.

2 Likes

“Ok. Let me know.” She told Leo.

“I just hope I’m not kept waiting that long, or that these wounds start bleeding again.” Catina told Hermes.

1 Like

“I’m gonna hope Nos has one. We have to get info back to Highland Station.” Tom said, holding Sky. “I’m hurt…” Tom said to Sarah. “B-but it’s nothing.”

Mary hugged Sarah tightly.

Irzon was flattered by the Vulcans.

A squad of Damo’s men were wielding pink weapons, which brimmed with Blamite. Several shots were fired into a Scarab, tearing more chunks off of it as more needles exploded within.

1 Like

“Joanna! How we doing with Sovakus?” Kaitlynn asked, trying to keep an eye on how the staff worked.

2 Likes

“Yes, Ma’am, That would be bad.” Hermes said.

Ana ran back. “They are ready.” She said to Kaitlynn.

Sarah sat down. “What hurts?” She asked Tom.

2 Likes

“My staff is working as fast as it can… It hasn’t worked with this kind of wound before.” Joanna explained.

“Well, my face… My heart…” Tom sighed.

1 Like

Sarah went over to him with Mary. “Can you hold Mary while I try to help you out?”

1 Like

Tom blushed, trying to hide his face from her, cautiously picking Mary up.

“Any luck contacting Kyanna yet?” Catina sincerly asked Leo over the coms. “In your opinion, would waiting until I get my wounds checked for severed muscles, and of course stitched up be enough time to go to Kyanna? Sutov Keep on Gahlogali would be the best place for Daylight to go look for her, wouldn’t it?”

“And the underarmor repairs I could use. You could handle that in transit while we go to Kyanna, rather than leave her and hope for the best?” Catina asked. “Wait for her return, or go to her seem to be the options for Daylight.”

1 Like

Sarah moved his head to check his face. “You look fine to me… just a bruise on your cheek.” She said to him. “And your heart… you need to let it heal…”

“No response yet… I’ll keep trying to get a hold of her. And don’t worry about repairs right now.” Leo said.

2 Likes

“I’ll keep waiting to get my flesh repaired.” Catina told him. “And I make it a point to worry about repairs if my underarmor is damaged. No hostile environment seal, means I’d be as good as dead in a hostile environment.”

1 Like

Tom chuckled, hugging Sarah and Mary. “You’re mister Tom?”

“Yup.” Tom replied.

1 Like

“Pretty obvious if you ask me.” Hermes said to Catina. “You need to learn to relax. Your sister had the same issue, she was always doing something and would always be stressed about everything.”

“Tom is really nice, Mary. He tried to help me call you when we were stranded.” Sarah said to her.

2 Likes

“Stressed nothing.” Catina replied to correct Hermes. “I’ve spent a lot of time being yelled at to maintain combat effectiveness by the likes of people like Chief Petty Officer Franklin Mendez and Lt. Commander Kurt 051 during my formative years on Onyx.”

“Things like that, seem to have been something I might have shrugged off a little, what with being overindulgent with the whole hedonistic living it up stuff I did while with ONI, not much different than plenty of other ONI members. But I’m not with them anymore, am I? So this behavior you have an issue with might start become commonplace.”

1 Like

The tissue and bone that had been torn through began to rebuild itself, and new blood began filling his veins, if even at a snails pace. The large brute coughed heavily as he regained consciousness. He looked down at the hole in his body before quickly turning to Scarlett “Is she alive?”

2 Likes