Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Kaitlynn watched in utter confusion. Thata not even…something’s not right. I need to get my hands on that thing and take a look. She Thought

2 Likes

“I still don’t like that one that one that follows them around in silence” Ambrose commented.

“he doesn’t seem very dangerous, but he is certainly unsettling” Baldrich added.

“LETS BREAK HIS LEGS!” Nora almost screamed.

4 Likes

“you need to move fast, the other side of the island is struggling to keep them at bay” Kel informed Kyanna. She grunted in response and began sprinting across the island, she tripped over a root on the way and got up, then went back to sprinting. She got to the cliff in front of the door to one of Sotuv keep’s garages, which she saw was open as green Wraith’s and Banshee’s flew out of it to help defend the keep, the banshee’s nearly ran her over as they zoomed out at incredible speeds. Kyanna saw a large force gathering on the beach and began assisting Damo’s forces with her newly acquired grenade launcher

2 Likes

Kaitlynn then turned her focus to Sovakus. “Yes, But barley.” She said finishing up her work. “Okay, that’s all I can do. Ana, go get a stretcher.”

2 Likes

“Constantly having this behavior and mindset isn’t healthy, that’s all I’m saying. It’s my recommendation to you.” Hermes said. “Maybe it runs in the family.”

Leo grabbed upgrade set and put it on the ground. He turned it on to see it stand up.”I have to shave off armor in places, increase it others. I need another type of weapon… and I need to improve mobility.”

“I asked some medics to bring one.” Ana said as 3 medics appeared with a stretcher.

2 Likes

Tom blushed at that, holding Mary closer so she couldn’t see his face. “Mommy, I’m tired…” Mary said, reaching on to and holding whatever she could, which happened to be Tom’s chest. He blushed harder, since he wasn’t used to being around children.

“Let’s your mom’s armor off first, ok?” Tom asked. Mary gave a barely audible “Mmhm” to this.

The Warriors of Gahlogali in Kyanna’s presence cheered when she arrived, like an angel in each small conflict upon the beachheads, to save them

2 Likes

Sarah pulled out an ice pack from her medkit, she held it up to his cheek. “This will help it from getting worse.” She said as she then picked up Mary and Melanie, “I’m going to go put her to bed.”

2 Likes

“My training from Onyx?” Catina asked him. “That is actually healthy behavior in my opinion. It’s the desire for self gain that I picked up from ONI that I would consider unhealthy.”

“And let me go back to talking about Chief Petty Officer Franklin Mendez, in comparison to me worrying too much in your opinion.” Catina told Hermes. “He lectured and yelled at his cadets. A lot. But never suffered a heart attack while doing so. Or maybe he did. Maybe he was yelling at some Spartan recruits, fell to the ground clutching his chest, and after Medics saved him, he stood back up and resumed yelling at the new guys like nothing happened…”

1 Like

Kaitlynn helped Scarlett onto one as the medics took her to surgery.

Kailtynn then walked up close to Ana and whispered to her. “I need to speak to you in private.”

2 Likes

“Well let’s take our armor off, so I can show you to your room.” Tom said.

1 Like

Sovekus was able to happily pass out again hearing this. His head hit the floor with a loud clang.

2 Likes

Sarah nodded and carried Mary. “Can you lead the way?”

Ana nodded. “What do you need to talk about?” She asked her.

2 Likes

“you seem to be a great moral booster” Kel said to Kyanna as she blew up an enemy phantom with her grenade launcher.

“it would appear so, but i must not let the attention distract me” she said as two phantoms who breached Sotuv Keep’s defenses deployed troops by her, multiple sangheli and two Mgalekgolo pairs surrounded her. She moved quickly, taking the shots from their weapons as she jumped over an elite and forced herself out of the situation. The hunters fired at her as she went into the jungle, causing a raging fire to start. She fired back at the hunters once she had a good position, using the last of her grenades. A group of elites attempted to charge her and she threw the grenade launcher, it hit one of the elites in the head and caved in their skull, killing them instantly. Kyanna then used her jetpack and flew over the others, using her flame throwers on them from above. She landed behind them and finished them off with her energy sword. Her shields dropped under the fire from the rest of the covenant group. She ran back into the jungle and ran up the hill, too fast for the covenant to keep track of her. She stood atop the clip and aimed her armor’s built in Gauss Canon at one of the hunters, she saw the word calibrating appeared on her VISR screen. after a moment the canon fired, blowing a large hole into the backs of one of the hunters, they fell down with a loud thud. Kyanna fell backwards and landed flat on the ground.

“the doctor did warn you to brace yourself for the recoil did he not?” Kel said

“he did but i did not expect it to be that strong” Kyanna said as she got up, seeing the whole group moving towards her. She jumped off the cliff as they began firing at her and moved to the fallen hunter. She ripped it’s assault canon off with a malevolent smile “i have always wanted to use one of these things” she said aiming it at the group of covenant which began firing at her again. It took a few moments to charge and then the bright green laser melted through the remaining sangheili in the group as she swept it across them. The three hunters we’re barely phased as their shields absorbed the shot. They charged their canons to return fire and Kyanna dropped the assault canon and took to the skies as she dodged the bight green beams of plasma. She activated her energy sword and flew towards them once the beams died out. One of the hunters, enraged by its partners death let out a loud roar as it swung for her. Kyanna jumped and rode it’s arm up into the air. she then placed her feet on it’s back and cut it’s arm off. Kyanna then kicked herself off before the worms had the chance to eat her and once she landed cut into it’s lower back. Leaving only one hunter pair left. As she killed the hunter she was flung forward by one of the other pair hitting her in the back. When she landed she rolled out of the way of it’s next attack which hit the ground, a large cloud of dirt flung into the sky upon the impact. Kyanna then cut the arm off of this hunter as well then used her flamethrowers to finish it off. The final brother roared louder than any hunter she ever heard as it’s worms left it’s armor, the large serpent of a body made it’s way to Kyanna and she jetpacked off the cliff’s edge, letting the worms follow her. As she was falling she made flew back up into the sky while the worms continued to fall, and she threw two plasma grenades down to the body of worms. The grenades detonated, killing the serpent and kyanna made her way back to the cliff. Her jetpack ran out of fuel on the way “fruqo’t” she said as she fell, she grabbed the cliff’s edge but lost her grip and began sliding down the cliff, she eventually was able to catch herself and she climbed up to the top.

“i would suggest being more careful in the future” Kel said

“but i have not even been that hurt yet” Kyanna said giggling.

“you have burns all across your lower back, and your jetpack is heavily damaged. are you not feeling anything?” Kel said worriedly

“what? i never even noticed… d*mn higher pain tolerance” she said annoyed.

4 Likes

She motioned her head for Ana to follow as she lead her away from everyone, once they were far enough Kaitlynn checked her surroundings.

“You see that thing Joanna uses? That isn’t human in anyway shape or form. We need to figure out what that is.” She commented

2 Likes

“Why don’t we just ask her if we could see it and ask for an explanation on what it is?” Ana suggested to her.

“Wait up, Tom, can I get Athena back?” Leo asked as he was back in the suit.

2 Likes

“And!” Catina said emphatically to Hermes. “You do remember me when I required smoothers? That slightly unhealthy amount of rage I was unable to avoid without my regular dose of meds.” Catina added.

“You would have loved all four members of Fireteam Kitsune, freshly augmented and in some new armor at thirteen-fourteen years old respectively. Josh, Sawyer, Scarlet, and I were sent into a hand-to-hand combat exercise against a Spartan II, His name…I didn’t check or even ask. I was just told we would face an enemy, and didn’t let manners get in the way.”
“Cute kids.” is what he said, and broke the silence before we were ordered to begin. He probably didn’t think it was cute when we all charged him like little Brutes, and our punches started denting his armor. He himself was probably not hurt bad, but after the exercise his Mjolnir looked like he got passed between two massive gears, or a building had fallen on him."

1 Like

Kailtynn looked at her. “I could see that, but what if she doesn’t and try’s to avoid letting us see it? I mean, what if that thing has any side effects that could be dangerous to us?”

2 Likes

Zorya was given a couple plasma rifles as he followed wherever the elites went to fight, this would be his first “real” firefight. Strange that I feel at ease Zorya thought as he ran with them. Could it be that I’ve done this before? Zorya asked himself.

2 Likes

“That’s not good…” Hermes said. “I’m glad I wasn’t with you back then. Maybe you should go rest once you get that wound patched up.”

“I think a good way to start would be to talk to her and get to know her. Hopefully we don’t scare off.” Ana said.

2 Likes

“Yeah. The need for smoothers, was first a by-product of the S-III’s chemical augmentation. Increased physical strength, obvious when standing near S-IV’s, but a bit tempermental as a result.” Catina told Hermes. “And for the four of us, depending on smoothers was an intentional design flaw. That way ONI knew we could be kept under their heels.”

“How long had it been since I slept? Since the surface of Kholo. And that last fight wasn’t a long one. But I did get my ■■■ kicked by some tanks, and that big monstrosity. I wouldn’t be surprised if your hardlight hologram also has a few bruises.” Catina said and laughed, despite the pain she felt in her side every time she did.

1 Like