Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Well I already burned that bridge…wait a minute, what if you do so, get to know her a bit, then we figure out what the ■■■■ that thing is.”

2 Likes

Hannah stood awkwardly in the back wherever they were, no amount of experience had prepared her for the firefight she witnessed. Mental note, make sure you learn the sides that are on and off your team she thought to herself as she laid her head back.

2 Likes

“Maybe you should go talk to Hannah, I don’t think anyone had said anything to her.” Ana said. “I’ll go talk to Joanna.”

Hermes sighed and smiled. “I might tell Ana to give you some type of medication to help you relax, however. I’m honestly worried for you being to on edge.”

2 Likes

“Alright a plans a plan.” Kaitlynn said patting her back. “Break.” She joked, leaving to go see Hannah

1 Like

Ana noddd and went to talk to Joanna. She sat down beside her. “Hi, I’m Ana.” She said to her.

1 Like

Arrange for me to start taking the strongest anti-depressants you can find. Catina thought. If I just start acting real friendly all the time, it would weird out at least one member of Fireteam Daylight.

4 Likes

Hannah saw Kaitlyn coming her way and tensed up. Deep breaths deep breaths she thought to herself.

2 Likes

“Hey, haven’t seen you around as much. Names Kailtynn.” She said sticking her hand out.

2 Likes

Hannah shyly went to shake Kaitlynn’s hand. Don’t let what happened before happen again…please… she thought to herself.

2 Likes

“You are?” She asked her. Letting go

2 Likes

“H-Hannah” she said taking off her helmet and brushing her hair aside.

2 Likes

Catina sighed. “I guess I’ll walk to the med bay, and hope following directional arrows painted into the floor doesn’t take me too long. Granted last time I did that with a sense of urgency, was during a ship to ship battle with external and internal threats.” Catina said.

“I’ll get patched up. And continue to bother Leo about contacting, or volunteering to go find Kyanna. As I cannot just let go of the fact she is an unaccounted for member of our team.” Catina said as she got up and started walking.

“One more thing for now.” Catina said in one last com to Leo, as she began walking to the Darkstar II’s Med Bay. “This new weapon is at a seventy five percent charge. How would I recharge it?”

1 Like

“Umm… good question… If I remember correctly that just needs a replacement battery.” Leo said.

2 Likes

“Thank you. One will be needed sooner or later. Or perhaps multiple batteries and a charger can be added to your to-do list?” She asked him.

As she walked, Catina removed Hermes chip form her helmet and placed him in her Data Pad. “Some music can help me unwind. I’ll task you with picking a song, ok?”

1 Like

Hermes nodded and quickly put on an hour long audio track of white noise.

2 Likes

“Hmmm, welcome to Daylight then. Say, how old are you?” She asked l

1 Like

Now that you are out of my head. Catina thought. Should I get patched up and have my undersuit repaired, then organize a group of volunteers from Daylight to ask an SOS Ship directions above Gahlogali? Then go to Sutov Keep, with the express purpose of not leaving Kyanna a missing team member? Worst that could happen is there is no crisis, and we might be able to take another short vacation on Galogali.

There would be what Nos said however. The effort required to join a Keep. But I could manage to make Shoya Sutov a legitimate first and last name. Not to mention earn my own Energy Sword and/or a Curveblade. In time a Curveblade could replace my Machete, that I’d retire. Catina thought to herself, and even kept away from Hermes for the time being.

1 Like

Hannah giggled “yeah I’m new around here, um I’m 21” she said smiling as she looked around at daylight.

2 Likes

“New blood then? Well, first few years are gonna be hell, after that you’ll be used to it.”

2 Likes

“Here, a needler.” Valiynna passed him a weapon.

“Yes.” Tom said. Mary stayed silent, shy around Tom. “Leo! Your A.I. will be on the bridge. You can reclaim her.” He called.

Sky walked over to Ana, and hugged her from behind. “Where’s our room… Because I’m not letting you go ever again.” Sky said softly.

“Hi Ana.” Joanna said with a smile.

The Black Moon assault, by sheer numbers, was pushing the Sotuv forces back.

1 Like