Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I’m sorry, but carrying you won’t be an option for a short while.” Catina said as she set Aries down on her feet. “But this.” Catna said as she touched Aries’ face with her right hand.

Then she leaned in close and spoke to Aries quietly. “We had gone on our “next mission” to that disabled Cruiser. So shall we plan our wedding and soon?”

1 Like

Kel was silent for a moment, a few seconds for humans, but ages for an AI “he did” Kel finally said

1 Like

“How So…” Athena asked as she put down her tools.

1 Like

“every time Kyanna was close to coming back, every time she was close to letting it go and moving on, Leo, or Sky or someone else would step in and bother her, they only reminded her of it, and every time it brought her back to square one… what she needed was to be left alone, and no one would allow it.” Kel said “because of that i have had to struggle to keep her alive, to keep her from slipping that tiny bit she needed before she finally killed herself…” Kel said “it infuriated me… but i did not say anything because i felt it would only make things worse, instead i dedicated all of my time to watching her, and keeping her alive.”

2 Likes

“Ugh… Fine…” Sky said. She hugged Ana tighter. “Only because I love you.”

Joanna smiled and kissed him. “We’ll just count on Daddy.”

“On Gahlogali, definitely.” Aries said. "Whenever we go there again.

1 Like

Athena sighed and hit her head on the table. “I’m sorry… I would usually tell Leo to keep trying in hopes that he was helping. He always wanted to just give her space at times but then he’d worry. The only way he could calm down was seeing her and making sure she was okay.” She sighed as she sat down and looked at the desk. “Do you think she’d kill herself after they finish tonight?”

Ana smiled. “We will be back sis. I’ll let you know when to contact Mariana.”

1 Like

Kel was quiet for a long time, calculating probabilities and pondering the question. “i am not fully sure… but there is a good chance of it.” Kel said slowly. “i understand you were only doing what you thought was best, and i understand you were looking out for them both.” he said.

1 Like

After Ana reinvigorated Sky, the two approached Scarlett again.

@EvilLobsterKing
@EvilLobsterKing

He chuckled. “I thought Josh would call me that first…guess I was wrong.”

1 Like

“I don’t know.” Catina said. “The weather and landscapes are beautiful, but the Sangheili living there sure started to seem cold.”

Catina ran over and hugged Ana before she could get away. “Take care for now, and please do let me know when everyone is ready.”

“Rrr.” Catna said as she looked at her arm. “I guess the anesthetic wore off. But it hurts less than when I lost my arm. So that’s a good thing at least.”

1 Like

Athena put what she finished in the box. She carried Kel and the box with her outside the room and waited. “The moment we hear them stop we go in…” she said as she took the note off the door and put it in the box.

1 Like

“are you sure that is the best decision?” Kel asked

1 Like

The doctor nodded at Cat’s complaint.

Joanna chuckled as her datapad went off. “I’m needed in the Med bay… I guess I’ll take Josh with me.” Joanna said softly.

1 Like

“I don’t want either of them to get hurt, I don’t want Kyanna to die and I don’t want Leo to lose it… and I don’t know what else to do…” Athena said fearfully.

2 Likes

“Very well, let us hope you are making the right decision… have they locked the door?” Kel asked

2 Likes

“I have a key… don’t worry.” Athena said as she looked at the ground. “I don’t think Leo could handle it… no… I know he couldn’t handle it… he’d lose it completely, Kel… he’d be gone.”

2 Likes

“that is how Kyanna has been for over a month” Kel said

2 Likes

Athena stopped and didn’t answer for a few seconds. “I… I should’ve realized… I failed Leo…” she said as she unlocked the door. “I need to fix this now…”

2 Likes

“very well then… i trust your judgement” Kel said

2 Likes

“No, I’ll watch him Gives me something to do.” He offered.

2 Likes