Harry Potter

I haz all the audiobooks and listened to them at least five times by now.

I had played all the good Harry Potter games for the PC. The movies of course.

I had Harry Potter toys, and my first ever school bag was Harry Potter theme related.

I guess you could say Im a Harry Potter fan…

…also Hufflepuff Horned Serpents FTW.

1 Like

those two houses seem rather different

1 Like

Two aspects I respect and follow, honesty and intellect.

Also I have a Dragon patronus, lucky me on Pottermore.

1 Like

Since Hogwarts and Ilvermorny houses don’t directly correlate to one another, any combo of one from each is possible (though some are more common than others).

1 Like

i suppose so

they just don’t seem to correlate a lot

1 Like

If dorned the sorting hat at Hogwarts, it would have a hard time sorting me ether in Slytherin or Hufflepuff, so maybe thats why Im kinda at Horned Serpent…and have a Dragon Patronus…with a Dragon Heartstring core…with a Vine wood want that looks like a snakes tail…and my mom was born in the year of the snake by the chinese zodiac.

Snakes and Badgers rule.

PS: Here are the US houses and their traits (Surprisingly JK Rowling added a lot of lore fleshing out the wizarding world outside of England for the rescent Fantastic Beasts movie on the Pottermore site).
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ceouvi4LQh4/V3VBYGFUVRI/AAAAAAAEku4/i2YCWZE6ZXAgFA5OUCG0hCGFzy9B9fdMw/s506/13494815_1037780056309312_54695298374371810_n.jpg

2 Likes

I used to love this series, but now I think it’s mediocre. I’ve read much better books and book series, and the fact that the J.K Rowling basically made the character out to be totally flawless and of such a pure heart that nothing could go wrong really disrupts the story. A flawless character s a bad character. It doesn’t help that the chief fanboy and fangirl of HP in the USA persuaded the teacher to give point to houses, which everyone got sorted into.

The play and FBaWTFT just go to show how they’re just milking the franchise for all it’s worth.

Does Canadia have a school?

There are always small schools, but the international ones like Hogwarts are the best and usually the ones everyone goes to. Most Canadians would go to Illvermourny, but rare few would go to Hogwarts and Beauxbatons (due to Canadians having close connections with both UK (English parts of Canada) and France (French parts of Canada)).

So…Harry potter…

Never really cared, I’ve seen all of the movies, never read the books. Despite all of that, it’s never really made me care or interested. I’d assume much of that could be attributed to the premise and general concept not being something I’d really care for.

Well can you say what aspects of the series made you not care or be interested in it? Cant really figure out what general concept disinterest you, and which attrubutes and premise since they changed from the first all away to the last book.

I have strong dislike of deathly hallows 2 removing most of the kings cross scene.

The version from the book made the difference between Dumbledore being a royal jerk or a really nice dude.

There is even a deleted scene on the DVD that has a better version than the final movie so that annoys me further.

I also hate how the movies from OOTP onwards did Harry’s hair. It no longer had the distinctly unkempt look that defined harry.

1 Like

I’ve always felt his hair was a very petty issue.

2 Likes

My problem is that they’ve shown ethey can do it like the book said but with the later films they just neglected that.

I wouldn’t mind if they started that way.

2 Likes

Just not big on magic, or school settings, or the whole ‘chosen one’ thing. It’s not really the kind of story I enjoy.

So, uh, hello my friends. I found this topic, and just that I’d write in it, sooooo…

Yeah. Harry Potter is great. For awhile, my parents wouldn’t let me read it, but they finally let me when I was thirteen, about a year and a half ago. I really love it.

My favorite book would have to be PoA. I am currently rerereading it. Rowling loves her plot twists, and the sheer number of them in PoA is just staggering.

2 Likes

Does anyone here listen to Mugglecast, Mugglenet Academia, or Pottercast?
I’ve been listening to them this summer at my job on a farm. It’s all really interesting stuff, especially Mugglenet Academia.
@legomaster1378 @John_Smith I was wondering if either of you listened as well.

1 Like

Never heard of 'em. I’ll try and check 'em out sometime.

Right now I’ve actually started listening to the HP audio-books (narrated by Jim Dale). Man they’re good.

3 Likes

Same, RIP

That’s neat. I’ve been reading them out loud to my mom XD

3 Likes

I did listen to a few episodes of Mugglecast, but since I’ve never really been in the HP fandom I felt that there was a lot to take in for me. Also I tried to listen to more podcasts than I could handle at the time, so I didn’t listen to them on a regular basis. Might get back to it at some point though.

1 Like