Makuta Reppirax

Makuta Reppirax:
Species: Makuta
Name: Reppirax
Mask: Mask of the Void (can create black holes)

In the beginning, Reppirax was tasked with creating the most powerful Rahi predators. He was also given the job of wiping out any Rahi species that proved too dangerous, which is how he first developed his thirst for blood and his enjoyment of death. After that, he developed an insane “Jack the Ripper” personality. He’s an insane murderer, and he enjoys every second of it, and can’t be resoned with. Or at least that’s what he’s like when he’s angry, the rest of the time, he calm and manipulative, which is how he was able to obtain a group of followers, known as the bloodeyes. (I know it’s a stupid name for a secret organization, so leave a comment if you have a better idea of what they should be called.) After becoming angry at a servant of the brotherhood who had failed to complete his job, he ripped him in half, and laughed while doing it. The other Makuta, realizing how much of a threat he is, tried to kill him, but he escaped, and gathered up his Rahi and the Bloodeyes to wage a war on the Brotherhood of Makuta. However in this battle, when it looked like victory was just in hand, Reppirax was stabbed from behind and killed

@Gilahu

12 Likes

By the way, those pictures aren’t loading.

1 Like

Husten we have a problem!

3 Likes

They’re a distinct lack of LEGOs in this LEGO Creation.

3 Likes

just fixed the pictures

Now that I can see this, I quite like it!

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

The colorscheme jumped out at me fairly easily when I saw this one. Good job.

My main complaint with this MOC is the torso; that kind of hip build doesn’t lend itself very well to posing (and just looks awkward), and I think the very technic-y torso ought to be filled up some more. Also, needs a bit more red on the legs. You could probably replace the forearm pieces with some CCBS bones. If you can do all that, you should have a very solid MOC on your hands.

2 Likes

Alternate universe time.
The Bloodeyes, Reppirax’s followers, were able to gather up the bits of Reppirax’s scattered antidermis 1000s of years after his death and revive him. Then they kept him alive until they could find a good host body for him.
He was dead at this time because, after learning of his murderous tendencies the brotherhood of Makuta (before Teridax took it over) killed him because he was a threat to everyone’s safety. Eventually the Bloodeyes did find a body for him. His host body’s name is Onipa, a matoran who had an accident and lost limbs and had severe burns. The Bloodeyes found his body and gave him robotic limbs and other cyborg upgrades and then infused Reppirax’s antidermis into him. Onipa has learned to control Reppirax and his powers, and Reppirax can only take over Onipa’s body in rare cases of emergency, and is usually trapped inside his sub-cosious, but when Reppirax overpowers Onipa, well, not many are alive to tell about it.

Here are some pics of the form Onipa takes when Reppirax takes control of his body.

Nyran shot

3 Likes

Really interesting idea ! I like it !

1 Like

@Sciencegiraffe

Ok, let’s see…

The MOC looks pretty nice on first glance, but on second glance the hip section really sticks out as awkward. Perhaps you could do something there with putting simple ball joints and switching out the upper leg parts. I really like the upper torso, though. The sword also looks great.

As to the backstory, I personally feel like he’s a little too overpowered.

Perhaps delete the first thing, change the second one into something like “the task to wipe out certain species if they proofed too dangerous” and following that, delete the rest of the sentence.

That probably would have killed said Makuta at that time. Make him attack another Makuta, if you want, but no serious wounds to another Makuta. Or at least not, if there isn’t another Makuta in this project in whose backstory this gets mentioned.

Change those two story things and Reppirax will be accepted.

1 Like

If you’re concerned about the death of an unestablished Makuta, it could perhaps be that this was after the Makuta evolution, so ripping him in half wouldn’t kill him unless he couldn’t get a new host.

2 Likes

I would assume this applies to the main universe backstory as well. The Makuta became gaseous again after Teridax took over.

1 Like

op pls nerf.

Pretty good MOC otherwise. But I must question the way his legs are attached.

1 Like

I love painting masks, but that red isn’t painted on that well…

The build itself is pretty cool!

1 Like

Not the kind of power that real black holes have, just the kind of power that could be used in a fight to kill some people. Imagine a small (at least relatively small), black vortex of doom.

In that case, perhaps you really just want a mask of gravity…

1 Like

Black holes don’t have hair. There must be some crazy science behind this.

1 Like

Well, my self-MOC has a mask of gravity, so if I gave him that power I would just be overusing it. Plus, there’s a difference, because for one, he doesn’t have any other powers that a mask of gravity would give him. Also, his mask isn’t really supposed to work like a real black hole does, it’s more like a portal to an infinite void. Sed portal has an incredibly strong vacum that sucks things into it and crushes them. Although the wearer does have the power to raise and lower the power of the force which pulls things into the portal.

@Leoxandar
What?

1 Like