Mask of Fusion [Pitch]

What if they were to introduce the Mask of Fusion (which is approved in G1 by Greg Farshtey, although it is mentioned as powerless)? It could be used by a villain (possibly Makuta) to fuse multiple beings into a single entity. The following could be rules when using the mask:

1. The wielder may fuse with no more than one being at a time (no simultaneous fusions) via direct physical contact whilst speaking the word “Fusion.” After the fusion, the wielder gains all of the power, knowledge, and skill of the other being. However, once these two beings are fused into one, the fusion counts as a single being. Therefore, another individual may be fused into the fusion.

2. The wielder may only fuse two beings at a time. Both beings much be within the wielder’s range of sight whilst the wielder says, “Fusion.” The fused being possesses all power, knowledge, and skill of anyone fused into him/her. However, once these two beings are fused into one, the fusion counts as a single being. Therefore, another individual may be fused into the fusion.

3. When two beings are fused together, the being with the most intense personality will assume full control, while the being with the less intense personality acts as a subconscious (Example: if Onua and Pohatu are fused together, and Pohatu possessed the more intense personality, Pohatu would assume full control while Onua’s wisdom and conservative nature would act as a subconscious). With each additional fusion, the fused being grows more mentally and psychologically instable.

4. Any fusion may be undone if the mask is removed or the wielder says, “Fission.” All parties involved are reverted to their original states, although all memories and knowledge are able to carry over and overlap.

Makuta could possibly use this mask to fuse either himself or his servants with Rahi or other powerful beings. This could potentially be the origin of the Rahkshi (I haven’t followed the Rahkshi origins made by the TTV, so I don’t know what plans there are for them).

P.S. I realize I have posted the above before in a different topic (in the Pitches and the Kaita Ideas Topic to be exact), but it is too cluttered there. For any of the admins that see this post, I hope this doesn’t count against the community guidelines.

8 Likes

I especially like this, but I’d like to suggest that instead of acting as a subconscious the entire time treat is more as Multiple Personalities. That way, as the fusion obtains more personalities, the more conflicted with itself it becomes.

Does that make enough sense? I could try elaborating it a bit if you want.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, and it makes sense. However, since beings are being fused together, I want it to fuse their consciousness together as well. The fusion will still suffer from internal conflict because the fusion has ALL the memories and moral codes of ALL the individuals within the fusion.

Because of this, in the event that the fusion is undone, the individuals retain fragments of any other individual that was previously in the fusion. If Tahu and Kopaka were to be fused together (probably by Makuta so the fusion would fight against itself), they would share some memories of each other’s lives after the fusion is undone.

2 Likes