Mods To The 2015 Sets

The year 70795 marks the sixty-fifth return of Bionicle

5 Likes

Well in this Universe that Protector mask makes a lot more sense. Buy yeah, I would love some re-colours at some point too

1 Like

I mean set #70795 - Mask Maker vs a Skull Grinder.

1 Like

I know exactly what you meantā€¦ not sure if Char did, though

I did.

IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER WHY DID LEGO NOT DO THIS I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I MEAN I GUESS IT WORKS WITH THE GOLDEN MASK BUT ONLY HAVING FOUR GOLDEN PIECES ON A SET DOESNā€™T MAKE ANY SENSE

(cough). But yeah, this looks pretty cool.

3 Likes

Right here in this threadā€¦ someoneā€™s linked it to you already, you should probably check for a reply before asking your question a second time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

actually, his post was moved by an moderator/admin to this topic
:stuck_out_tongue:

Gold and trans piece Tahu
http://i.imgur.com/1r1504w.jpg

Pohatu with more brown and trans pieces
http://i.imgur.com/5dY84Ie.jpg

Sneak peak at Lord Of Skull Spidersā€™ head revamp
http://i.imgur.com/rnNqAVC.jpg

14 Likes

You simultaneously made Pohatu slightly better and ten times worse.

5 Likes

@ToaVuhii
Its difficult to make Pohatu worse, but glad I got some parts done well. Just wanted a metallic silver protector and needed the parts for a Makuta MOC :3

1 Like

Continuing this:

LoSS: Totally negated the function for all but the front-most legs, thus adding an incredible amount of stability.
Kopaka: Permanently locked-up gearbox.
Tahu: Permanently locked-up gearbox, moved gearbox up one peg, replaced missing friction joints on ankles (used for 2015 CAIRO MOC) with remaining friction joints from renovated Lewa.
Lewa: Permanently locked-up gearbox, replaced three-module length upper-limb bones (plus friction joint) in legs with four-module length upper-limb bones (minus friction joint)
Gali: Permanently locked-up gearbox.
PoE: Tore apart for 2015 Katarax MOC and 2015 Nordik MOC. (Will buy a duplicate.)

2 Likes

Um why would you get rid of the gear function? Itā€™s not like they have floppy armsā€¦

1 Like

Slightly unpopular opinion: Iā€™m not the biggest fan of gear functions.
ā€¦
Despite the fact that, in these new sets, the functions do not limit articulation, they do produce a few minor problems.
Iā€™ll admit, I am a bit OCPD-ish, and need everything to be just the way I want it. Gear functions, while good from a play-ability perspective, get in the way of perfectly accurate (to how I want them) poses. For example, Lewaā€™s arms, while they didnā€™t flop around, kept returning to a less dynamic pose whenever I messed with them.

I also prefer moving the actual arm of the figure (thus granting me full control over itā€™s movements) to moving a gear (which grants less-than-total control).

Itā€™s just a preference really, like how some people loath the Disney The Lone Ranger remake, I actually found it quite enjoyable, though I canā€™t nail down why.

(Sorry for getting off-topic, but I wanted to explain this in detail.)

6 Likes

Two descent versions of Tahu, one that uses body structure from Kopaka,

and the other one is pure gold.

Lewis Hammond | Flickr)

12 Likes

That design isā€¦ pure gold! Get it?

Iā€™ll leave now.

8 Likes

Well, ainā€™t that goldenā€¦

Wait, it looks like Tahu if he were a movie transformer/cybertronian

3 Likes

Anyone interested in seeing some modifications to the ā€˜comboā€™ models?

Iā€™ve already posted Kopaka on my ā€œPosing the 2015 Setsā€ topic, and the others should be up within a few days.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be interested. I have both PoS and Pohatu but have yet to find a proper way to combine them. :confused:

1 Like

Continuing both of theseā€¦

LoSS: No change form previous iteration.
Kopaka: No change form previous iteration.
Tahu: Added CCBS socket-joints to exposed ball-joints on the torso piece.
Lewa: Added CCBS socket-joints to exposed ball-joints on the torso piece.
Gali: Added black 2008 socket-joints to exposed ball-joints on the torso piece (will replace with CCBS sockets whenever possible).
Onua: Permanently locked-up gearbox, replaced three-module length upper-limb bones (plus friction joint) in legs with four-module length upper-limb bones (minus friction joint), used trans-purple three-module length upper-limb bones for the arms, replaced one-module-length bone in neck with friction joint, rotated Technic ā€œTā€ connector 90 degrees so that Onua may store his hammer with the shovel pieces still-attached.
PoE: No change form previous iteration.