My Rahi MOCs - More Wildlife for the Matoran Universe!

Name: Kenrati
Domain: Ga-Metru, Le-Wahi

A flightless bird-Rahi, using its long beak to catch small water-rahi in shallow ponds and streams.

Name: Flicker Lizard
Domain: Po-Metru, Po-Wahi, Ta-Wahi

An usually peaceful plant-eating Rahi preffering hot habitats. If
threatened, it is capable of using its horns and tail-claws with great
efficiency, though.

Name: Kereta
Domain: city wide, Le-Wahi

Small, colourful bird-Rahi often kept as pets by Matoran. Their singing is called the “jungle’s music”.

Name: Tunnelghost Bug
Domain: Archives, nearly everywhere underground

A small bug-Rahi, whos glowing red eyes gave it its name. They’re
absolutely harmless and feed on carrion, thus keeping their tunnels
clean. It is said, that they’re related to the Fikou.

At the time I built these, I had very few parts left, so I had to make them very simple. However, I think that’s exactly, why I like them so much. Hopefully you’ll see it the same way, but I feel, that these four would fit perfectly into the wildlife on the isalnd of Mata Nui or Metru Nui.

Okay, the Tunnelghost bug is almost exactly a Fikou, but … it has a nice touch to it nonetheless. My personal favorite, however, is the Kereta. This small bird is just … I really, really like it. I mean, it is so small, but has neck articulation, can move its wings, can move its tails up and down and even move its legs to have various “sitting angles” or angle them back in “flight mode”.

Anyways, enjoy!

More:

First an update on the Kereta (made the eyes look better and changed the dark grey piece on the head for a silver one) - still love that little bird. It’s also the only one of the Rahi above still assembled.

Next we have the Kanohi Bug, a small insect Rahi and only creation of Makuta Anjan that ever was considered viable. Its name comes from its attrection towards Kanohi. Over time it can damage them quite severely - although it can’t digest the Protodermis and thus this behavior is absolutely of no use to it. Matoran consider them pests.

Domain: Le-Metru, Ta-Metru, Le-Wahi, Ta-Wahi, Ga-Wahi

The Reed Serpent lives near the water and preys on small Rahi that venture too near to its hiding spot. Its bite is venomous but not lethal to Matoran. It has also been seen to catch small fish Rahi with the blade at its tail.

Domain: Ga-Metru, Le-Metru, Le-Wahi, Ga-Wahi

Zillek’s can be found everywhere where there are many trees, since the favorite hunting method of these predators is to lurk on deep hanging branches and jump at their unsuspecting prey from above. They’re excellend climbers and can move very swiftly even in the densest jungles. Usually they’re not aggressive towards Matoran, but travellers should keep their eyes open nontheless.

Domain: Le-Metru, Le-Wahi, Ta-Wahi

And a group shot alongside Nuparu (because I had him at hand):

21 Likes

flicker lizard is my favorite (he looks more like a bull to me)

Cool! I can just image these roaming the various landscapes of Mata Nui.

They’re all pretty cute little buggers. Only complaint is the white bones.

1 Like

I think the tunnelghost bug could be a bit more creative but well done

Yes, more wildlife.

I personally love the Tunnelghost Bug. The minor tweaks and color ■■■■■ from the Fikou Spider (probably the cutest rahi ever) make it look very cool. The eyes and colors are very enjoyable. Abdomen’s pretty schweet, too.

For a second I thought it said Rahkshi Mocs and was totally confused :joy: These are good and stay true to the G1 Rahi style, nuff said!:grin:

What this guy said!

1 Like

Ok, I’m low on parts but wanted to build more MOCs - so I built some more Rahi!

First an update on the Kereta (made the eyes look better and changed the dark grey piece on the head for a silver one) - still love that little bird. It’s also the only one of the Rahi above still assembled.

Next we have the Kanohi Bug, a small insect Rahi and only creation of Makuta Anjan that ever was considered viable. Its name comes from its attrection towards Kanohi. Over time it can damage them quite severely - although it can’t digest the Protodermis and thus this behavior is absolutely of no use to it. Matoran consider them pests.

Domain: Le-Metru, Ta-Metru, Le-Wahi, Ta-Wahi, Ga-Wahi

The Reed Serpent lives near the water and preys on small Rahi that venture too near to its hiding spot. Its bite is venomous but not lethal to Matoran. It has also been seen to catch small fish Rahi with the blade at its tail.

Domain: Ga-Metru, Le-Metru, Le-Wahi, Ga-Wahi

Zillek’s can be found everywhere where there are many trees, since the favorite hunting method of these predators is to lurk on deep hanging branches and jump at their unsuspecting prey from above. They’re excellend climbers and can move very swiftly even in the densest jungles. Usually they’re not aggressive towards Matoran, but travellers should keep their eyes open nontheless.

Domain: Le-Metru, Le-Wahi, Ta-Wahi

And a group shot alongside Nuparu (because I had him at hand):

Yay, more wildlife!

2 Likes

These are freaking amazing, they all look like they could be real sets from 2001-2005

1 Like

@Umarak

Thanks!
Although they use some parts that weren’t around yet at that time :wink:

Since I’m always trying to fit my MOCs into G1 as perfectly as possible, of course I tried to make them look like stuff from the good old days. I’m glad you think I accomplished that!