Onu-Koro Elevator (MNOG Project)

#The MNOG Project: Onu-Koro Elevator

This is the complete build for the Onu-Koro elevator showcased briefly in the Onu-Matoran entry of the MNOG Project. It is a recreation / reimagining of the elevators seen in MNOG I.

#Platform

Some of you may have seen the platform before, however I’ve left the original images here for those that haven’t.

#Frame

While many of you will have already seen the elevator platform itself, the frame has only recently been made.

The frame was created as a means of facilitating the function of the elevator, and was not made to resemble the mechanism used by the elevators in MNOG I.

The frame is mostly built from liftarms, pins and axles (and a lot of them), which form five large struts.

Ideally, the frame would be taller, however liftarms don’t come cheap (not when you have to use this many, at least).

#Function

The elevator platform is connected to the frame via string that runs along three sets of spools.

While the top two sets are stationary, the third set is located on a turning rod that pulls the string.

The string is wrapped around the third set. When the platform is suspended, friction is provided by a ball and socket attached to the same rod.

Turning the crank shown above moves the elevator platform up or down.

Disclaimer: It was surprisingly difficult to align the platform on both strings. This is the best I could do without wasting too much time.
Against a table, the platform can’t move far. Elevating the struts on platforms can fix this, though I didn’t have the space to do this on camera.

archive

Follow the links to view the other entries into the project:

22/07 - Ga-Koro Boat
03/08 - #1: Kolhii Players & Primary Characters
06/08 - #2: Ta-Matoran
10/08 - #3: Ga-Matoran
13/08 - #4: Po-Matoran
17/08 - #5: Le-Matoran
20/08 - #6: Ko-Matoran
24/08 - #7: Onu-Matoran
27/08 - #8: Biowave & Bonus Content
12/09 - Onu-Koro Elevator

#Next Time: ???
I have something else planned for the project later down the line, however it won’t be made in the usual format, and I can’t guarantee with certainty when or if it will be released.
It’s big: that’s all you can know for now…

#The Biowave Project - a Community Initiative

I and a few other members of the Bionicle community are currently developing content for an expanded G1 storyline, which includes MOCs and a webcomic series covering events following the defeat of Makuta Teridax.

###The Biowave Project Website is now live.

All of our work for the project will be archived on the site.

Along with project and set overviews, you’ll find several new entries into the Story section:

###Looking for an Artist

Our previous lead artist was unable to continue working on the webcomic series due to a lack of free time.
If anyone is interested in producing the first episode of the series (i.e. drawing and writing each frame), please contact me.
Whether you’re set on fulfilling the role or not, please don’t hesitate to ask about the project and the work required.

It is highly desirable that you:

• Have existing artwork to show to us,
  • Have a reasonable amount of free time to commit to the project,
  • Can utilise an art style that closely resembles the following (or that is simple, such as the MNOG style):

Our previous artist’s style: inspired by the movies’ aesthetic, and by the MNOG art style.

-Hazash-

46 Likes

You may want to give it some kind of rail to guide it, as it is very shaky.

1 Like

it looks pretty cool. The only real problem for me is the piece used for the light, but I can’t really think of any other piece that would fit the scale you were going for